• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I need your help

Kamally

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I would like to seek advise from people with experience.

I am from Yemen. my number is 2015AS11** and I sent my DS260 application in June. KCC completed my forms in October but I did not get my 2NL. The problem is with the US embassy in Yemen. They have reduced their staff considerably because of the the security situation. In the embassy website, they have the following notice:
NOTE: Due to staffing reductions, the Embassy is unable to schedule any Diversity Visa cases at this time. The Embassy will notify KCC when Diversity Visa appointments are available.
I sent an email to the embassy 4 weeks ago but they did not reply.
I need your advise about the following:
1. Where do you think my file is? still at KCC? or already at the embassy?
2. Should I change my interview location? I can travel to a close by country like Egypt or Jordan without a visa and interview there.

I appreciate if you can give me your advise.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I would like to seek advise from people with experience.

I am from Yemen. my number is 2015AS11** and I sent my DS260 application in June. KCC completed my forms in October but I did not get my 2NL. The problem is with the US embassy in Yemen. They have reduced their staff considerably because of the the security situation. In the embassy website, they have the following notice:
NOTE: Due to staffing reductions, the Embassy is unable to schedule any Diversity Visa cases at this time. The Embassy will notify KCC when Diversity Visa appointments are available.
I sent an email to the embassy 4 weeks ago but they did not reply.
I need your advise about the following:
1. Where do you think my file is? still at KCC? or already at the embassy?
2. Should I change my interview location? I can travel to a close by country like Egypt or Jordan without a visa and interview there.

I appreciate if you can give me your advise.

Obviously none of us have been through that and we normally suggest not to change the embassy location but in this case you should at least ask KCC whether they can do that. If yes, and you can get tgere, Cairo would be good.

Obviously none of us have been through that and we normally suggest not to change the embassy location but in this case you should at least ask KCC whether they can do that. If yes, and you can get tgere, Cairo would be good.
Dear britsimon my number EU00023xxx and we completed the ds 260 in June...what should I expect now?should I wa for some communications or I need to do something?
Thanks F

Dear britsimon my number EU00023xxx and we completed the ds 260 in June...what should I expect now?should I wa for some communications or I need to do something?
Thanks F

Well you can either wait until Yemen start allowing interviews - but if I were you I would contact KCC as I said before.

Thanks EU2105 and BritSimon.
Actually every time I call KCC they say the forms are finished processing and I have to wait for scheduling which might take several months. Last week when I called they said that it is not scheduled yet and I can change the location. I'm just hesitant because many people say that changing the location is risky and may take a long time. But on the other hand, the US embassy in Yemen is not scheduling any DV interviews and I'm afraid this might go on for several months or maybe to the end of fiscal year.

Thanks EU2105 and BritSimon.
Actually every time I call KCC they say the forms are finished processing and I have to wait for scheduling which might take several months. Last week when I called they said that it is not scheduled yet and I can change the location. I'm just hesitant because many people say that changing the location is risky and may take a long time. But on the other hand, the US embassy in Yemen is not scheduling any DV interviews and I'm afraid this might go on for several months or maybe to the end of fiscal year.

I don't think the security situation in Yemen is going to change any time soon. If you can change, change. Choose Cairo (best approval rates by far).

I have to agree with Simon on the security situation in Yemen. The notice they posted about not scheduling any DV interviews was updated less than a month ago (specifically on December 16). Changing the location might be your best bet at the moment. However, keep in mind that you will be taking some risk. You'll be interviewing in an embassy whose COs may not have an idea about the education system in Yemen, especially if you're qualifying based on high school education. So, if you decide to have your interview in Cairo, make sure you take enough evidence that shows that Yemen's high school is equivalent to a U.S. high school (i.e. 12 years of elementary and secondary education and is sufficient enough to get admission into college.
Also, if you are using bank statements to prove that you're not gonna become a public charge, it might be wise to have an affidavit of support just as a backup. Some COs sometimes have doubt about bank statements from other countries so, you wanna be extra prepared in case the CO asks for an affidavit of support. Present it ONLY if you're asked to.
Good luck!

I have to agree with Simon on the security situation in Yemen. The notice they posted about not scheduling any DV interviews was updated less than a month ago (specifically on December 16). Changing the location might be your best bet at the moment. However, keep in mind that you will be taking some risk. You'll be interviewing in an embassy whose COs may not have an idea about the education system in Yemen, especially if you're qualifying based on high school education. So, if you decide to have your interview in Cairo, make sure you take enough evidence that shows that Yemen's high school is equivalent to a U.S. high school (i.e. 12 years of elementary and secondary education and is sufficient enough to get admission into college.
Also, if you are using bank statements to prove that you're not gonna become a public charge, it might be wise to have an affidavit of support just as a backup. Some COs sometimes have doubt about bank statements from other countries so, you wanna be extra prepared in case the CO asks for an affidavit of support. Present it ONLY if you're asked to.
Good luck!

It's pretty hard to get denied in Cairo.

Thank you all for your valuable advise. I think I will go ahead and request KCC to change my interview location to Egypt.