I Need Help

Lunar

Registered Users (C)
I'm an American woman who works as a webmaster. A couple of years ago I began working with a web programmer from the U.K.
We ended up meeting and remained a couple. We've been dating for over a year now and we've become a bit confused with some of the visitation rules.

I've visited him on vacation a couple of seperate occassions.

He's visited me only once in January of this year for 90 days exactly.
According to what we've read, he's only allowed a 90 day visit, and his income not to exceed that of 3k per visit.

Does this apply if his employer is based in Canada?

And also, will he be able to visit me again this year, assuming the 90 day limit renews upon departure? Or is the 90 day rule for the entire year?

I don't believe we qualify for Visa's as of late, but would like to know what options would be best to take in our odd situation.

Lunar said:
And also, will he be able to visit me again this year, assuming the 90 day limit renews upon departure? Or is the 90 day rule for the entire year?
if you are talking about Visa Waiver(no visa), 90 days is per visit. In theory, he can visit the US 90 days, goes back to UK for a week and can come back again to the US for 90 days. However, if immigration officer at immigration post believed he is abusing VWP, they may reject his entry. Trying to enter with VWP again and again will definitely raise the red flag, so be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
GotPR? said:
if you are talking about Visa Waiver(no visa), 90 days is per visit. In theory, he can visit the US 90 days, goes back to UK for a week and can come back again to the US for 90 days. However, if immigration officer at immigration post believed he is abusing VWP, they may reject his entry. Trying to enter with VWP again and again will definitely raise the red flag, so be careful.

Ohh, I understand now. Thank you so much.