I have completed my LC

k3hcl

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
 I have completed my LC which was filed in 04/12/01 , but my company shifted my office and refiled my LC on 01/14/02 from there , so will my priority date shift or will it stay the old one can any one help . I am with the same company.
thanks
Satya

No Title

The new location is in the same city or different. You can still use old addressed LC. I do not think that you need to refile as long as you are same city , and even I think if you are same state.
So I do not think you need to refile the LC again. You can continuw with your LC and file for I-140 with new addresss and mention to INS that this office moved from this location to this location Bla bla.
Hops this helps.
Good Luck

The new LC is filed in a diffrent state

The new LC is filed in a diffrent state can i carry on my Priority Date

No Title

Definately not, because different states has different prevailing wages. Did your employer withdraw the earlier one? If they did than you can forget about the earlier LC otherwise you can still continue assuming that you will be working in the location of the earlier LC after getting the green card.

No Title

File a 140 based on your old LC.. That way when the 140 is approved, you lock in the priority date. Another thing you can try is once your 140 (on old LC) is approved, file your 485.

Before the 485 is approved, get your new LC and 140 done and substitue your old 140 with your new 140. That way you dont lose any time.

Hope everything works out for you!

What is the category you are applying in? EB1,2,3...?
Priority date is only useful at the time of applying I-485 (the last step) and it becomes relevant only if the category in which you are applying is over-subscribed. Right now all the employment based categories are current thus priority date is irrelevant (I\'ve heard that for 2002 the categories will remain current, beyond that who knows!)

I-140 approval is valid for life. Thus, if you can wait at your old LC location until you get I-140 approved, you\'re home free!

Once again, talk to a competent lawyer!

Goodluck!
-Paresh