I have 2 questions

Yanall

Registered Users (C)
My roommate just told me that they are going to raise the cost to 5,000 dollars or 15,000 dollars is that true. Is this going to happen for applications of citizenship, like we have to pay that much money for a citizenship application.
Next questions, can someone on goverment benefits eligible to apply for citizenship? they have gc through asylum.
thanks,
Yanal

the cost for..

the cost for citizenship. like instead of what it is right now which 330 it is going to be $5000-15000

My roommate just told me that they are going to raise the cost to 5,000 dollars or 15,000 dollars is that true. Is this going to happen for applications of citizenship, like we have to pay that much money for a citizenship application.
Next questions, can someone on goverment benefits eligible to apply for citizenship? they have gc through asylum.
thanks,
Yanal

It's not true.Your friend is wrong. $5,000 is the amount illegal immigrants in the USA should be paying as fine to get legalized if the proposed immigration bill passes and becomes law.

thanks,
Yanal

From October 2007, both citizenship application fees and greencard applications will rise. Greencard applications are expected to cost $1000. I am not certain about the citizenship, but It will close to $600.

If you have got your status through refugee and you are low income on government benefits, you can apply the application fees waved. but for asylees I don't think they are eligible. I have seen asylee who applied for the waiver and was granted, but later the government sent them letters telling that they submit fees because they are asylees. So refugees elligible for fee waiver; asylees not: