I hate USCIS!! They returned application, because of insufficient FEE!!

I think Lag niguel is swamped and some are falling through the cracks. I never got back the ret postcard confirming delivery and am pissed off because I paid extra for it.
For all their tech improvements, these govt agencies can't handle a single blip in the system. One small crisis and they just come crashing down. Same with the passport appl handling, I must add.

Infopass a complete waste of time

Sorry for the delay in responding, but was traveling.

The infopass appointment was a complete bust. Served NO useful purpose but to waste an hour of my time. The rep said this was the problem of the mesquite office (which is a closed office) and I just had to send them mail with a ltetter highlighting the problem and copies of my receipt.

I asked her why they had asked me to come in for an infopass appointment and she said the CS rep on the phone should not have done that and went about without even an iota of concern for having wasted my time.

Why does this not surprise me? I will "double bag" mail on Tuesday.

Regards...

Hi disciple,

How did your Infopass go?
Did the USCIS admit to their mistake?

What evidence did you produce to support your case and what did they tell you to do to correct their mistake?

I think your response will be very useful to others in the same boat (I know there were some others with the same problem)

InfoPass

I wasted half a day yesterday for my InfoPass at the SF district office. I spent about 90 seconds finally at the window with an officer who advised me to resubmit to Laguna Niguel with all docs and detailed explanations.

I am resubmitting my application to CSC with $675 and hope to take it up later.

Sorry to hear about your case 3cpo. I still suggest you to email the uscis ombudsman one last time before you send the new appl.

The INS did the same shit to me with my N-336 application. I submitted it with the fee they listed ($265) and they rejected it for insufficient fee. New fee is now $605 = MORE THAN DOUBLE! I have written a letter and included two checks with it one for 265 and one for 605 and stated that in order to avoid delay I'm sending two checks, my application should be processed under 265 fee for such and such reasons.

Who was talking about a class action here? Count me in!!! :mad:

It's of no use

Sorry to hear about your case 3cpo. I still suggest you to email the uscis ombudsman one last time before you send the new appl.

It clearly has no effect on USCIS folks. There is no use arguing and discussing with them. Just pay the extra fee and resubmit and at least save time if not money.

The plot thickens ...

Ok. So it tooks me a while to getmy act together and send in a letter explainging this fiasco. I sent it certified last week and the USPS site shows that it has still not been picked up.

Then last Saturday (2 days ago), I received fingerprint notices for my wife and lyself for next Wednesday.

I dont know what to make of it. Is my case suspended or not? Should I keep pushing till I can get someone at uscis to take notice?

Fingerprints inspite of insufficient fee.

disciple,

When the USCIS returned your application saying the fee was insufficient, what notice number did they send you? If they sent you the same kind of notice you get when some documentation is missing, I'm guessing they probably assume you're going to send in the additional fee and want them to resume processing (Just like if your application was missing documentation and you would supply it as requested).

They did cash your original check didn't they? It probably means they are going to resume processing and assume you will make up for any shortfalls.

Just my opinion.

My app was mailed on 7/26 and it was delivered on 7/28 Saturday afternoon. On the return receipt it says Received date of 7/30. Now I'm not sure what will happen and what date they will consider. So far checks are not encashed and there is absolutely no news. Welcome to the BLACKHOLE.......

Vik Pal,

Have you heard anything about your application yet? I am in the same boat as yourself with my wife's application. I mailed Certified on 7/26 and they received on 7/30.

As of September 17, I still have not heard or received anything...

No news. Checks were encashed 3 weeks back but no Receipt Notice. Just nothing !!!!!! but frustration !!!!!

It worked!

About 5 business days after sending in the "double bagged" letter mentioned below, I received form letters (one for myself and one for the wife) from USCIS that the insufficient fee notice was in error and the problem had been corrected. :)

Just thought I'd let folks know.

Regards,

Ok. So it tooks me a while to getmy act together and send in a letter explainging this fiasco. I sent it certified last week and the USPS site shows that it has still not been picked up.

Then last Saturday (2 days ago), I received fingerprint notices for my wife and lyself for next Wednesday.

I dont know what to make of it. Is my case suspended or not? Should I keep pushing till I can get someone at uscis to take notice?