I Guess,my GC may be revoked in future as INS OFFICER words

Originally posted by durgum
I dont want to argue with you . I want to say if anywhere the proof needed to show ANYONE(BCIS oe WHOEVER) the PROOF of the employee working for the sponsoring employee would be a simple document, THAT IS THE PAYCHECK.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHERRE IS THE PAYCHECK ASKED FOR IN THE WHOLE PROCESS, NEVER EVEN MORE OR LESS THAN THAT IS CLAIMED ON THE ETA750A&B.

As the GC process is for a future position, requiring a paycheck prior to approval would be ridiculous. It would be analogous to going to a consulate for the first time to get your first H-1 visa stamp, and being asked for paystubs to prove that you work for the H-1 sponsor.

It would make no sense based on the law as it is currently written. If you believe the law is incorrectly written, that is another matter but in that case you should write your congressperson. As the law is currently written, it is ridiculous for them to ask for paystubs other than to prove that the person is currently maintaining their status. I have seen INS make such a request.

PAY STUBS are nowhere asked in the whole process during or after by ANYONE including the bcis. That should proove my point.Not even a random checks are made on /during/upon gc approval before/after the process. That is my POINT.

Any where if pay checks are required/demanded during/after the gc approval, then I ll agree ALL of what you are saying.I got a hundred friends who have gotten gcs all over US since last 15 years no one has ever been asked about the pay stubs during/after the gc/labor processes.Almost all quit the job between 1 day to 1 year. One guy never worked for the company still went all the way to the citizenship with no problem.

If an employee quits just after a few days of getting the gc ONLY EMPLOYER CAN CREATE problems to that employee even that I DOUBT as the gc through employment/labor is IRREVOCABLE. I have seen some gcs with a sentence like 'can be revocable' on them for some asylum gcs. I have NOT seen that kind of warning on the labor/employment gcs.

I feel that this whole gc process is ENTIRELY EMPLOYER ORIENTED .

Last edited by a moderator:
PAY STUBS are nowhere asked in the whole process during or after by ANYONE including the bcis. That should proove my point.Not even a random checks are made on /during/upon gc approval before/after the process. That is my POINT.

Well, I have to disagree with you here. Paystubs are not requested except to verify maintenance of proper status. They are sometime requested for this purpose and CSC is requesting paystubs (in at least some cases) to verify eligibility for AC21.

Any w
here if pay checks are required/demanded during/after the gc approval, then I ll agree ALL of what you are saying.I got a hundred friends who have gotten gcs all over US since last 15 years no one has ever been asked about the pay stubs during/after the gc/labor processes.Almost all quit the job between 1 day to 1 year. One guy never worked for the company still went all the way to the citizenship with no problem.[/B]

Well, I can't speak to the experience of your 100 friends that have been in the US for 15 years, all I can relate is my experience, which is being born in the US 40 years ago and being the attorney of record for several thousand immigration cases. As I said, you can get away with alot of things if you do not mind it hanging over your head for the rest of your life.

If an employee quits just after a few days of getting the gc ONLY EMPLOYER CAN CREATE problems to that employee even that I DOUBT as the gc through employment/labor is IRREVOCABLE. I have seen some gcs with a sentence like 'can be revocable' on them for some asylum gcs. I have NOT seen that kind of warning on the labor/employment gcs.[/B]

That's the second time that youvre said that "the gc through employment/labor is IRREVOCABLE". Where does it say that? It is NOT irrevocable! Even US Citizenship is revocable if any part of the immigration process was obtained fraudulently. Your friend could have his US Citizenship revoked. He would then be taken into custody and removed from the United States. This can happen at any time. He should be very careful about talking about his fraudulent and illegal activities. You seem to hold him up as a shining example of how the immigration process works, rather than labeling him as a criminal that managed to defraud the government, obtain benefits to which he was not eligible, and then get away with it. I'm sure in many inner cities, there is some kid being told that drug dealing is no problem since everyone is doing it, look at all the money they have and they do not get caught. Hopefully even the kid will not believe that getting away with something makes it legal.

If the GC is IRREVOCABLE as you claim, give me the case or statutory citation.

I feel that this whole gc process is ENTIRELY EMPLOYER ORIENTED . [/B]

I agree. The process is an employment based GC. Most of the paperwork (at least up to filing for AOS) is entirely employer related. Again, the process is intended to benefit the employer. Benefits to the alien are incidental.

what abt my case?

Jim Mills,
I did not quit/leave the company after GC approved. I got laid off and I have lay off letter in my hand.

Please see above details which i posted before.

Please give me your openion on this?
Thanks

That's a different situation. Clearly, you did not commit any fraud since you were laid off. The proper intent seems to be there on your part since you did not resign. As far as the intent from the company's end is concerned, it seems unlikely that INS will question this in the future.

Your situation and an employee resignation are two entirely different fact patterns and I think it very unlikely that you will have any problem as long as you worked for the sponsoring employer when the GC was approved.

Now we reached and agreeable point in our discussion.ONLY EMPLOYER (can?) (may) mess/create /revoke the gc approval. EVEN that I sincerely doubt.

In the real world no one want to burn bridges when it comes to changing jobs. a gc approved employee will resign that job after mutaul agreement with the employer who sponsored the gc. Now if the employer is cooperative when the employee quits the job after the gc stage it is safe. Only EMPLOYER (can?) force/demand an employee to work for him as he sponsored his gc NOT THE BCIS/LABOR DEPT. What are the odds of me missing such revocations as I'am in USA for the past 15 years with so many friends passing through this gc process. And again paycheck(like 6 months or more)/w2s are the BEST method of making sure that THE EMPLOYEE is on the payroll for a COMPANY.If that is NOT done/demanded by none (labor dept/bcis) What should be INFFERED?I FAIL to understand.

Lookatrapidigm

It is the EMPLOYERS WORLD not the employees in this whole labor/gc process.

Dont worry, you are SAFE. Take my word, everything will be okay EVEN if you do nothing except wait.Iy you eant go to a lawyer it is you who should take that decision.

Now we reached and agreeable point in our discussion.ONLY EMPLOYER (can?) (may) mess/create /revoke the gc approval. EVEN that I sincerely doubt.

In the real world no one want to burn bridges when it comes to changing jobs. a gc approved employee will resign that job after mutaul agreement with the employer who sponsored the gc. Now if the employer is cooperative when the employee quits the job after the gc stage it is safe. Only EMPLOYER (can?) force/demand an employee to work for him as he sponsored his gc NOT THE BCIS/LABOR DEPT. What are the odds of me missing such revocations as I'am in USA for the past 15 years with so many friends passing through this gc process. And again paycheck(like 6 months or more)/w2s are the BEST method of making sure that THE EMPLOYEE is on the payroll for a COMPANY.If that is NOT done/demanded by none (labor dept/bcis) What should be INFFERED?I FAIL to understand.

Again, only partially correct. Obviously, only the employer can enforce a contract to work for that employer and if an employee quits right after obtaining a GC, generally only the employer will care. Therefore it is generally the employer who complains to INS regarding the employee's fraud and triggers the INS investigation. That is not so say that ONLY the employer can complain and trigger the investigation, but that they are the most interested parties in this type of situation and therefore they complain the most frequently. I'm sure INS occassionally gets complaints from jealous coworkers, disgruntled spouses, and others.

Many people can trigger the investigation, but only INS (now BCIS) can revoke the GC. They issued it. How can the employer revoke it? It takes more than just writing a letter to INS (such as an employer can do for an H-1 or an I-140).

As far as what the odds of you missing something are, I cannot speculate. It probably depends on how good your friends are. I also note that even if you had experience with 1000 friends over the past 15 years (very unlikely) your experience would still be a very small percentage of the total adjudications by INS and would also be less than half of my own. If your probability of missing it is low, mine is far lower since if one of your friends had probalems in the area, they may or may not tell you, but the first person they would call would be me, their immigration attorney.

Your final statement makes reargument of this moot and I will refrain from here on. You said it yourself:

"I FAIL to understand."

I read through the whole discussion and a case of my friends came to my mind.

He worked for the sponsoring company A until he got laid off by the company a year after. At that stage his labor was not approved, but the company was willing to sponsor him and hired him back after he got his GC (the company really hoped he could work for them again after the company got through the tough period.) He seemed not working for a while. But he did have a job when he finally got his GC approval (company B). Then he talked to his sponsoring company A, the sponsoring company A told him that it is up to him whether he wanted to continue to work for his current company B or started to work for A. The sponsoring company's financial situation is not good, they don't want to take anther employee on payroll.

So my friend continue to work for company B. Only worked for company A a year during labor application.

I don't think this is a fraud. But will he have problem when he apply for naturalization? Or since his sponsoring company doesn't want him back after GC approval, he should be able to get citizenship no problem?

I FAIL to understand.

YES Explain if the paycheck are NOT/NEVER asked AT ALL When/where is the BCIS/LABOR dept verifying thayt the employee is actually working for the employer during /after the gc/labor processing.

LCSilence case is exactly what I'am trying to defend. It will only be the employer who CAN(?) create problems for the employer who quits as soon as he gets the gc or even after. Now let us say an employee quits the job a day after the gc approval WITH the COOPERATION of the employer . A co worker(non gc holder/american citizen) complains to the BCIS with personal jeolousy.The employer will be in trouble even if the BCIS demands a reply. Then the employer can cite numerous reasons like the availability of a much CHEAPER/EASY/CONVENIENT labor in the PRESENT labor market for one.Nort getting along well with each other so on and so forth .He can do that to ANY employee as a matter of fact , to an born american citizen , to a h1 fuy, to a just approved gc holder. He is NOT committing a fraud with the BCIS/LABOR DEPT at all. If THE PAY STUBS are REQUIRED even once or at every step of this process this gc process becomes real COMPLICATED and loose its UTILITY for the employer, as this gc process is designed for the benefit of the employer in getting
CHEAPER/EASY/CONVENIENT/QUICK labor in the PREVAILING labor market .

He may have problems from the labor dept IF the employee(GC approved guy) himself complains in case of layoffs or after getting fired, THAT is entirely different (situation) from this AREA of discussion.

ULtimately the point I want to MAKE is

Although I said I would not respond, here I go again. Do you do any research or have any basis for your assertions that paystubs are never required? Search this website with the terms "RFE and Paystubs and I-140" and you will get postings such as the following:

"Recvd an RFE for 485

RFE Reads something like this
1) Letter from employer who filed your 140
2) Pay stubs
3) Income Tax past 2 years "

I am in the same boat - did not get any RFEs yet (RD 12/6/01). Answers to #2 and #3 are obvious. The strange thing about #1 is that the GC is for a future job and you are not rquired to stay with the sponsor are 180 days of I485 filing. I think this is to force folks to file AC21 papers proving same/similar employment, future prospects, salary w.r.t labor etc. I don't think there is a lot to worry about as long as the current job has a similar description as in the labor filing. However you will have to file AC21 papers where it is best to consult a lawyer (and a good one).

#2 "bombayboys" WAC number is WAC-02-041-5**** RFE received
RFE letter recvd
Hi folks

recvd my RFE letter, asks for the following
1. Employment verification letter
2. last 3 months pay stubs
3. year 2001's tax re turns
am working with my lawyer to figure out the text of the employment verification letter.

my WAC number is WAC-02-041-5****
rd -oct 16th
nd nov 17th

ciao for now

received RFE notice
On Nov 20th my online status changed.
Saturday my lawyer received the RFE notice letter requesting for :

Employment Verification Letter
3 recent paystubs
2001 W2 form

---------------------------------

WAC #02-041-5xxxx
RD 10/15/2001
ND 11/16/2001
FP 01/25/2002 at Sacramento
iEAD 07/18/2002

RFE.... No recent Paystubs and W2 from Sponsering Company... Please Help
Hi All,

My lawayer received RFE requesting Employment letter, recent paystubs and 2000 W2.

Here are my details:
Category : EB3
Original PD : Aug 97.
INS moved PD to : Feb 98 because of the delay in responding to a query.
I140 - Dec 98.
I485 : RD : 09/30/99 ND: 10/12/99
Changed employer temporarily : Jan 2000.
FP : 02/28/01
RFE : 04/04/01

I\'m also one of those unfortunate people who are forced to leave sponsering employer after applying my 485 because my Consulting employer could not find a project for me for long time.

This was way back in99, fall of Y2K and mainframe era. I applied for my 485 in Sept 99 when INS opened it\'s gates. My skills were in mainframe related area which was "No Demand Full Supply market" back then. So, I was on bench for long but still had to drive 40 miles to work on proposals and etc. stuff for my employer.

I talked with my employer of taking temporary leave, learn new technolgies at home without any pay, use EAD to work for another employer in the new skills learned. He said OK and we had an agreement that I\'ll return to my sponsering employer after an year.

So, I took the risk, studied new technologies and found another job on my EAD, in Jan 2000.

I was in the process of returning to my original employer, this year, downturn in the economy delayed it so far.
In the mean time, I got this RFE. I\'m shocked and panicked at INS\'s demand for 2000 W2.

Although my employer can give me employment letter, don\'t know what to do about recent paystubs and W2.

Please anybody went thru\' the same or seen somebody facing this situation advice me. I have seen some postings from myladoor, metoo advicing in similar situations.. Please guide me.

Thanks,
shrini100

I could post more but you get the idea. The search referenced above will give 127 results. Not all are relevant but some have several relevant posts in them.

Good.Even if the rfes you are talking about are true I'm NOT sure about the ----eb3---- category Is it for h1 guys without ant american degrees who flooded usa in 1996-200 during the IT BOOM ? Those eb3 category guys a million in number had vague experience certificates but still managed to convince their respective us embassys and managed h1 multiple visas. As far as I understand h1 visa guys and f1 visa guys with american masters degrees getting converted to h1 come in different categories.If that is the case I'am GLAD as those h1 guys were extremely lucky even to be able to come to us on h1 where as now days even us born citizens are unemployed in millions in the it field.

Show me the paystubs requirement by BCIS AFTER the GC approval(for any body h1 or f1 with masters degrees from american universities converted to h1 ) as you are CONTRADICTING your own statement as we agreed upon that the job OFFER means that you need not work till the labor approval.

YOUR PREVIOUS SYTATEMENT

As the GC process is for a future position, requiring a paycheck prior to approval would be ridiculous.

CONTRADICTORY

You have gone Against your own statement AND NOW your are saying that paystubs are required. I feel you are reversing your own statements.

ALSO even in your last statement you NEVER mentioned that paystubs ARE BEING DEMANDED by BCIS/LABOR for say 1 year after the GC APPROVAL(through 1 year paystubs checking every say , other month or everry 3 months). What do you have to say about that.

PLEASE paste those links about RFES . LET me research them and comment about them.

The LINK you pasted/gave is taking me to the THREAD YOU statted on 5/11/2003 and is as follows

I-140 Revocation and AC21
This is directly from Sheela Murthy's website. I am very surprise and I agree with Sheela that AC21 would have no meaning if this becomes common. I just don't get it. Anyway, here it is:

We have recently become aware of cases in which the INS has denied I-485s due to the revocation of the I-140 petition, even though the I-140 revocation occurred after the 180-day point. Motions to Reopen and Reconsider were filed asking that the cases be approved based upon the INS' stated policy. Both the California and Nebraska Service Centers issued denials of the Motions, essentially citing that there is no written policy. Accordingly, without a written policy, the INS cannot deviate from the general legal requirement that an I-485 application needs to be supported by an approved, un-revoked I-140 petition. We cannot be certain whether this is a change in policy or an issue requiring the training of examiners unaware of the policy.

James D. Mills, Esq.
Attorney at Law
PH: 973-590-5110
PH: 732-939-2519
jdmills@jdmillsesq.com
http://www.jdmillsesq.com
http://www.jdmillsesq.com/forum/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11th May 2003 04:26 AM

insfaq

I am really surprised...

I was under the impression that emlpyer loses control over the I-140 if I-485 is pending more than 180 days.

Any way as long as employer won't revoke the I-140 then this wouldn't be a problem for I-485 right?

If we have to inform INS regarding change in employer then is there any standard format for this? or it would be better until we get RFE regarding employment letter?

Thanks,
insfaq

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logge

You said that --------

As the GC process is for a future position, requiring a paycheck prior to approval would be ridiculous. ---------------

And now you are INSISTING that pay stubs are being demanded/forced from the gc/I-140/I-485 approved guys.

ALRIGHT PROOVE IT!

So PLEASE PASTE ATLEAST ONE PROPER LINK showing that the paystubs are being DEMANDED by BCIS/LABOR DEPT DURING and AFTER the labor/gc processes .

I read the link which was the correct link that you intended me read.

READ THIS link about the PACCHA's case and decide who is correct

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...hlight=RFE and Paystubs and I140&pagenumber=2

I'am pasting for easy reading/reference

HONESTY Pays
Dear American,

Sorry that I did not answer your question immediately.

FIRST RFE:

1. W-2 and Return with all clauses
2. Last 6 months pay-stubs
3. Employment letter
4. Medical X-ray (Though I don't need to do it as per INS stipulations)
5. Copy of latest H1B
6. Copy of passport

SECOND RFE:

INS returned me my medical docs in a sealed envelope, by mistake. And, they sent RFE asking me to do medical again. This time we just returned the envelope untouched.

LAY-OFF:

1. I was laid off 1 1/2 months before approving my I-140. But, my lawyer told me not to take another job for a while.

2. And, once the I-140 was approved, we took about 1 month to apply for I-485. And, by that time, we didn't have recent pay-stubs, but just applied without any manipulation.

3. Again, my lawyer told me, if possible do not get into the payroll of any other co. for the next 180 Days, and do not change the address.

4. Further, I didn't have current employment letter for RFE since I didn't have job at that time. Again, lawyer and me decided to send it straight without any manipulation, but with a well drafted letter from the previous employer.

5. Again, at the time of replying for RFE, I did'nt have previous 6 months' paystubs, but just 2, and that also almost half of the salary for which my Labor was certified. Once again, we decided to be frank and honest to INS.

6. Even my w-2 for the previous year was for just about 65% of the amount for which labor was approved for.

I think INS really appreciated the honesty and transparency.

I hope I explained everything. If any other doubt, please feel free to ask 'n' number of times.

With warm regards,

1-RFE Updated: 12/09
2-RFE Issued: 01/02
2-RFE Updated: 01/15
AD: 04/16/03

You said that --------
As the GC process is for a future position, requiring a paycheck prior to approval would be ridiculous. ---------------

THIS WAS WHAT YOU said in one of your previous replies.

Now you are inferring some thing which would be beneficial to lawyers financially(squeeze some more thousands of dollars scaring those guys, by saying YOUR CASE IS DIFFERENT NOW) ,with what some laid off guys are facing after the APPROVALS of I-140 stage.

BCIS IS WEIRD so act with CAUTION that would be my ADVICE.Submit the documents only when asked for /demanded for. NEVER NEVER try to submit your documents if NOT asked for . You will face delays/problems.THAT IS MY ADVICE.

NOW NOWHERE are the guys saying that BCIS is FORCING them to work for the SPONSORING EMPLOYER. THEY are ONLY being asked to show paystubs possibly to show that they are IN STATUS(h1) living IN USA and THAT TOO after these sponsored employees reported their job changes to the BCIS . And also no I-140's have been shown to have been REVOKED as CLAIMED by you in that LINK.I want to POINT out THAT it is not being mentioned ANYWHERE about REVOKING the gcs/I-140s if

2) Pay stubs

are not provided in certain amount of time.

I'd have admitted my that my argument is wrong IF THE BCIS ASKED FOR

2) Pay stubs

at ANYTIME or THE TIME of APPLYING for I-140 or I-485 for EVERYBODDY OR during the WHOLE labor certification process(every so 1 month or 2 ).BCIS SHOULD ask for

2) Pay stubs

at all the time from ALL NO MATTER WHAT!laid off OR NOT.

Then it MAKES sense that quitting the job PROVOKES /RESULTS the gc REVOCATION as soon as labor/gc/I-140 is approved.

I for one would NEVER mention to BCIS about my job changes in case of termination/lay offs/or Whatever as this would delay the process.

As they are NOT doing so It prooves that it is an employers discretion in this whole process. If the laying off employer DOES the necessary paper work at the stage of I-140 there would be any problem at all.if the sponsoring employer is okay with the employees I-140 approval or the gc approval WITH/WITHOUT working for him as soon as they are approved THEN THERE would be no problem with any scenario layoffs/quits at any point of the whole process.

You still missed my point . NOONE NOONE can force a sponsored guy to work for the sponsored company EXCEPT THAT sponsored company.EVEN that I doubt .As soon as the gc is approved i SINCERELY DDOUBT there is anyone in this whole world that can do with ANYMORE.A sponsored guy if in USA HAS to maintain proper status.If laid off by a company AFTER I-140 approval the GC CANNOT BE REVOKED as in these tough economic times it is HARD to find work.

Also all these guys are themselves to blame as they are reporting their cases as soon as they are out of work. So BCIS as weird as they are are probably sending a standard letters asking for their status, NOT REVOKING the GCs/LABOR. THAT REVOCATIONs can only be done by the SPONSORED employer.

Also if you read this requirement

It means that the sponsored employer is OKAY with the layoff/firing/whatever the reason for which the SPONSORED employee quit.BCIS making SURE that the SPONSORED employer knows all this developments.

Also all these guys are renewing theif EADS eith no problem even after receiving these these rfes

2) Pay stubs

These EADS are for possibly for this type of situation of layoffs if the sponsoring employee is ALREADY in USA. Remember THE sponsored employee can be outside USA DURING the whole process of labor/gc.

SUCH is the SIMPLICITY of this labor/gc process which is heavily tilted/fovored TOWARDS the SPONSORING employer, and SPONSORED employee just RECEIVING the benefit of the GC.

GC is for the future job, but ....

GC is for the future job, but many applicants work for the GC Sponsoring employee while the process is ongoing. If that's case, INS tries to look for the good faith Job Offer by looking at how much he is getting paid right now. It is hard for any company to convince INS that we are paying Mr X 15,000 per year now, but we will pay him 25,000 once I-485 is approved. It probably reflects that there is no real job offer. THE EXAMPLES YOU WROTE WERE FOR THE APPLICANTS WHO WERE WITH GC SPONSORING COMPANY ON H1/L1 AT THE TIME OF I-140 APPROVAL.

Since GC is for the future job, one could be working for Company B while waiting for GC approval via Company A. In that case, a job offer letter from Company A is enough for the RFE for employment.

The last 2-3 years of W2 and/or paychecks are asked to ensure that the applicant maintained H1, L1 and other status while in US prior to the filing of I-485 application. This is applicable to all I-485 applications and both cases mentioned above.

These two types of cases are different and perhaps making you think the statements are contradictory whereas they are not.

At the time of I-485 approval, the applicant MUST have intent to work for the sponsoring employer or the new employer if switched under AC21. If the AC21 benefit taken, then the new job MUST be same or similar occupation as described in the LC.

I don't think that the WHOLE GC process is just documentation only. Also it is NOT for the cheap labor either. The salary offered in LC must be at least the prevailing for that region and occupation.

INS does not ask for the any paycheck AFTER the GC approval since as per law
1. applicant must have intent to work permanently for the employer at the time of approval
AND
2. there is no time period specied to work for employer after the GC approval.
But any time, a fraud case is brought to the INS attention, GC and citizen can be removed any time.

If few person are able to get through the system by fraud, DOES NOT mean that it is not fraud.

I agree with you that employment based GC process provides benefits the employers the most.

Brij

Your comment

The salary offered in LC must be at least the prevailing for that region and occupation.

Means nothing but PROPER DOCUMENTATION. OFFER is nothing compared to the REAL PAY for months.

No It is not a fraud. BCIS SHOULD be dealt with carefully .My advice be in good terms with the employer in case of a lay off.DO NOT REPORT THAT to BCIS on your own. IF BCIS asks for any rfes THEN RESPOND APPROPRIATELY.That wat the GC process will be fast .This ac21 is all due to the attorneys weird precautions.Nothing wrong with it either.As long as the EMPLOYER is COOPERATIVE in the layoff scenario the laid off guy WILL get his gc.

I GUESS these attorneys are squeezing some more fees by SCARING laid off guys.

NOW if the EMPLOYER is NOT COOPERATIVE and fires you and stops doing the DOCUMENTATION the employer is in DEEP TROUBLE.

what about my wife i-94

Hi Jim,
IIO has taken my wife i-94 to take final decision on my i-485 case. Now my wife wants to leave the USA to attend her sister marriage in INDIA.
1)what she has to do?
2)she can not leave the USA with I-94?

Thanks