I Got J2 To H1b ...with Out Stamping Can I Stay Hereng

simha2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi dear friends,
I got J2 to H1b papers...but my j2 visa going to expire on july.
should i go for stamping ..or any otherway to stay in USA without stamping.
pls let me know if u know any thing about this issue.

Simha

HI friend
Ty for reply
my visa and -2019 both are going expire on july.
now iam having h 1 papers.
( J1 to h1 convertion )

is there any way to stay here without ant h1b stamping

ty
simha

simha2006 said:
HI friend
Ty for reply
my visa and -2019 both are going expire on july.
now iam having h 1 papers.
( J1 to h1 convertion )

is there any way to stay here without ant h1b stamping

ty
simha

You don't need H1B stamping until you are in US if you leave country then you have to satmping H1B on your re-entering here.

This post is very unclear (to me). What do you mean "J2 to H1b papers" ?? You have the application? Or you actually were approved for a change of status? If you were approved, you don't have to do anything except if you leave the country (after which you'd need a new visa stamp). If you are talking about having just the application, and your DS-2019 is going to expire in July, and you are subject to the H-1B cap and all of that, you may have to leave depending on your particular circumstances.

I got J2 to H1b Papers(from USCIS)...can igo for stamping or not

Hi friends
thanks lot for reply...
I got H1B aproval papers from usics. J2 to H1B convestion.
My J2 visa and ds-2019 both are expiring on july.
and iam having 2 years home residence rule on J2 visa
should i g for stamping before expiring visa or can i stay with out stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were approved for a change of status from J-2 to H1B? And you are subject to the HRR? THat is clearly a mistake on the part of USCIS. For your change of status to be lawful, you must obtain the J-1/J-2 waiver first.

Wait a minute. How come USCIS approved for H1 without J waier? Its starnge and u r lucky. secondly how u r approved for H1 at this time? was it a premium processing? or your field is not subject to H1 cap? or the start date is Oct 2007? If you are lucky enough I tink until some one finds u can continiue on H1 but try for waiver too.