• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

i got DV 2008..please advise..Malaysian Chinese working in Shanghai now

GuyinSH

Registered Users (C)
hi,

i m new in this DV. 1st time applied and just got it last week. Never thought of getting it.

I am a Malaysian chinese and had just been relocated to Shanghai a year ago.

But there are some questions that puzzled me :
a) Where can I get the police clearance in Shanghai? (i have been working in Shanghai for a year)
b) Can I choose Shanghai consulate for the place of interview? It's very troublesome if i were to fly back to Malaysia for the interview.

If I remember correctly, all my correspondences were directed to my home address in Malaysia.

Can anyone advise me on the above?

By the way, can i preserve my PR status even I choose to remain and work in Shanghai?

Thanks!

hi,

i m new in this DV. 1st time applied and just got it last week. Never thought of getting it.

I am a Malaysian chinese and had just been relocated to Shanghai a year ago.

But there are some questions that puzzled me :
a) Where can I get the police clearance in Shanghai? (i have been working in Shanghai for a year)
b) Can I choose Shanghai consulate for the place of interview? It's very troublesome if i were to fly back to Malaysia for the interview.

If I remember correctly, all my correspondences were directed to my home address in Malaysia.

Can anyone advise me on the above?

By the way, can i preserve my PR status even I choose to remain and work in Shanghai?

Thanks!

U can't preserve your PR status if you want to remain in Shanghai.