• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I find my dream girl after I get my VISA

Hosamsaad

Registered Users (C)
Hiii All
I have BIG Question
I get my visa as DV lottary winner I'll be in uSA in the next month
Now I find my dream girl and want to marry her what I have to do now to make her with me in USA
I finish all my paper and she wasn't appear in my life but now I found her what is the case now and what I have to do to be sure she will be with me at last in the first 6 months in USA

Thanks alot for your helpfull tips

you know

Hiii All
I have BIG Question
I get my visa as DV lottary winner I'll be in uSA in the next month
Now I find my dream girl and want to marry her what I have to do now to make her with me in USA
I finish all my paper and she wasn't appear in my life but now I found her what is the case now and what I have to do to be sure she will be with me at last in the first 6 months in USA

Thanks alot for your helpfull tips

to be very candid, ur dream girl cannot join u in the US in 6 months it is supposed to be 5 to 6 years, yours may be earlier than that, but you can marry her before you travel

Hosamsaad:
If I understand your post correctly, you have already obtained your visa ( as single, no beneficiaries ).
Which means that it is then too late for her to get a visa from the lottery ( if you get married ).
You can only immirgate alone ( as DV winner ).
If you marry her sometime now, it will take about 5 to 6 years for her to get a GC ( family sponsored preference 2nd = wife of GC )
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3169.html

well, there is always a following-to-join option that may apply in this situation, but the time is running out sooooo quickly. Plus, getting married all of a sudden, and right before he leaves for the US may raise a huge red flag in terms of a fictitious marriage suspicion.

Thanks a lot for your replies but here is the case
I don't live in my country for the last 3 years when I travel back to my country to setup my things to get ready for USA immigration I found her
and now I think to marray her (sure I can't marry her and leave her alone in my oringnal country)
what is the ways to make her travel to me in USA later what is this ways and how long it takes please reply to me as soon as you can cause it will make me in somehow change my plans

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the ways to make her travel to me in USA later what is this ways and how long it takes please reply to me as soon as you can cause it will make me in somehow change my plans

you can get married, go to the States alone, file I-130 for your wife, wait for 6 years, and then she will get an immigrant visa.
Or you don't marry, she comes to the US independently from you on some non-immigrant visa, you see if you are still in love, you get married, you file I-130, she maintains her non-immigrant status for about 5 years or until you become a citizen, and then she gets her GC.
Questions?

I'd sugges that you go to the States to do whatever needs to be done to settle you in and all, then get married to your Dream Girl. Thereafter there is always the option of her joining you in the US. I dont know exactly under which catergory of visa she would fall under, but she can join you. Seek the advice of Immigration Lawyers, they would know exactly how to go about it

Here's the PM I received :
Thanks a lot for your reply to my post "I find my dream girl after I get my VISA" I find her lately cause I don't leave in my country I was living outside my own country when I get back to setup my new life for USA immigration I find her then love then thinking now in marraige
as you said "If you marry her sometime now, it will take about 5 to 6 years for her to get a GC ( family sponsored preference 2nd = wife of GC )"
It doesn't matter to me or to her to get GC now but I want her to live with me in USA.
now the Q. big ONE : is there and way to make her travel to USA later
what is this ways and how long it takes ?!!!!!

If you want her to come legally as the wife of a GC holder, then it will take 5 or 6 years : but during that timeframe, I believe she wouldn't be with you in the US.
Otherwise, she could come now maybe under non-imigrant status ( F1 visa for students, J1 for internships ...), but I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this approach if she is married to you when she applies ( wife of GC holder means immigration intent ).

On another note, I would truly suggest you to "slow down". You've only met the girl a month ago. You can now this is the right one, but many things can change quickly. But this is your business.
However, if I were an IO, I would suspect such a marriage : if the IO asks for proofs that this is not a fake love, what will you be able to show ? A month worth of history ?
This is friendly advice, and in the end, it is your decision.

F1 visa

u have to try to get your wife F1 visa so she can stay with you legally till she gets her green card
and she can also study things will help u building up your futur and she may get H1 after That

I have question for all plz reply

I got married last jan my interview will be next july

I am hesitated about sending my new forms and marriage certificate to kcc
becoz i am afraid they delay my case
Is that possible that my case may be delayed knowing that i replied the 1st letter in last jun so my case is already there????

A guy told me not to send the marriage certificate then when 1 got the 2nd letter i prepare everything and take new forms to me and my wife and talk every required document for me and my wife and inform the embassy directly about my marriage in the interview

Any experience plz reply?

you should inform KCC asap, send corrected forms for yourself and a new one for your wife. And start working on your interview skills.

since your wedding happened AFTER you have won, there will be a suspicion that your marriage happened only for the sake of a GC. So, you will be answering questions about your life together, just like anybody who is getting a GC through marriage.