i-EAD at Newark Question

bunchofquestion

Registered Users (C)
I am the primary applicant and our 2nd EADs are expiring on April 1st. Since my wife is pregnant, I don't want her to suffer in this cold weather standing in the streets of Newark to get an i-EAD. Was wondering if I can get my wife's EAD without her coming to office, if I show all the papers (original) and have photos of her. Has anyone tried this? Do thet accept it. This thing really sucks. The very thought of waiting in this cold weather on the streets makes me feel sick.

They take pictures to issue interim EAD (which is valid to for 240 days or 8months). So I think, she need to be there.

Person has to be there, I heard that from an official there when I went for iEAD yesterday.

Also iEAD contains index finger print of the person.

There is a Post Office building door near the line and your wife can stay there. It is warm. Many ppl were waiting there.

Also there is a coffee shop on Mulberry street right behind the line. Some ppl were there as well. They don't seem to mind if u buy something.

Worst come worst sh can stay in car (if you are planning to drive)

Bottomline : There are tonnes of places around the line to stay warm as long as someone holds the place in line (which will be you ofcourse)

Last edited by a moderator:
Employment letter and 6 months pay stubs. This was the RFE that I was suppose to receive back in August 2003. But never received the notice, however the site got updated saying they received (??) my response... Very frustrating. In Feb 2004, same RFE was generated and the letter said "our records indicate that we have received your response, but misplaced your papers" I can see a big coverup here. Anyways I responsed in less than a week and the site got updated on March 4th...Waiting continues....