I didn't receive EAD but instead received an interview date.

GreenCardNotYet

Registered Users (C)
I sent out all my docs for my wife's Green Card 1.5 months ago during which bio-metrics were done.
(I am a USC and a sponsor for my wife's GC)

I was expecting to receive EAD at the end of this month, but I received a letter for an interview date set at the end of this month instead.

Is this normal nowadays or if not, does it imply something else I should know about?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD can take 3 months or a little longer sometimes.

If the GC process moves fast enough, the GC itself may be issued before the EAD.

EAD can take 3 months or a little longer sometimes.

If the GC process moves fast enough, the GC itself may be issued before the EAD.

It is actually only 1.5 months I received an interview letter after I sent out all the docs.

The question here I have is why INS decided to do an interview only 2.5 months after NOA.

It is actually only 1.5 months I received an interview letter after I sent out all the docs.

The question here I have is why INS decided to do an interview only 2.5 months after NOA.

I am experiencing the same issue, I applied both I-130 and I-485 but I didnt get my work permit. i have applied for a job in advance and everything is ok. I just recieved an interview date but not work permit. Can those with experience please help us?

Applied Feb 19th 2013

Hey GreenCard

Did you send all of your wife's paperwork to the same address as part of one package? The reason why I ask is because I'm sending the paperwork for my husband and I'm confused, should i send everything together or should i send everything to the address on each form?

Thx, Pam

I am experiencing the same issue, I applied both I-130 and I-485 but I didnt get my work permit. i have applied for a job in advance and everything is ok. I just recieved an interview date but not work permit. Can those with experience please help us?

Applied Feb 19th 2013

EAD generally takes 2-3 months to be approved. It's been just a little more than 2 months at this point.