I could really use some information

bs9960

I got a question about the J-Visa application process, but first I'll give you some background info.

My dad opened a business in the U.S. in 1997 and my stepmom, brother and myself all got an E-1 Visa at first (I was under the age of 21) when we moved here from Germany. I got something equivalent to a High-School Diploma in germany but since I graduated there in 10th grade I enrolled in High School in the U.S. and got a diploma there too. I was attending college when I turned 21 and changed my status to F-1 and graduated from a 4-year University last month.

Now here is the problem. Last year I was asked if I wanted to work at my dad's company here and I aggreed because work experience in the U.S. would probably be beneficial in when applying for a job in Germany. Whenever I called the company the managers told me that I don't need to work about anything and that their lawyer is going to do the paperwork for a work visa.

Well, the day after I graduated I found out that there is a problem with getting a work visa, and at that point it was of course too late to apply for the Occupational Practical Training.

My brother and stepmom moved back home several years ago and my dad is taking care of new business in other countries, so I don't really have any ties in the U.S. and only my relatives in Germany.

Now the lawyer decided to get a J-Visa for me but she indicated that there might be a problem since I have been in the country for 8 years. The laywer did find a J-Organization that is willing to sponsor me so I will have all the necessary paperwork.

Now finally to my question.

I have been here for 8 years but have strong ties to Germany (all my relatives and friends live there) and all my paperwork is in order, am I going to have problems getting the Visa at the Consulate in Germany?

I tried asking the lawyer, but she only responds in worst case scenaries. All I need to know is, do I plan on packing for a a few weeks or for a year?

Thanks in advance