I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I am with the same boat ...

I have lived in Virginia for more than seven years. I have to renew my license every year. In the first few years, I tried to challenge them quoting the federal law and how other states practiced for similar cases but it was unsuccessful. Recently, not only you will get a renewal for one year but also need to wait a few days until the Richmond office send confirmation to the DMV office regarding the immigration status. It is insane to renew DL in Virginia. It is what it is ... the DMV staff has to follow their guidelines. What can we do about it!

Suggestion for petitioning the Secetary of State

Good day everyone

I would like to seek your views as to the possibility of writing a petition to the secretary of State and seeking his help in dealing with the material support provisions of INA...it is obvious that those who used to support our cause are slowly losing interest...and it is up to us to stay together and fight for our very basic human right that has been violated...I am not certain that petitioning the Secretary of State will be helpful...however, we loss nothing by trying to draw his attention to our problems...Ms. Clinton was rather cautious because she has political ambition...but in the case of Secretary Kerry it seems that he will be one term secretary and probably he may think of doing something good just for the sake of helping us...sometimes I get quite disappointed of seeing no progress in our plights...I see no light at the end of tunnel...we may walk forward together in dark and probably find some light at the end of tunnel...

Good day everyone

I would like to seek your views as to the possibility of writing a petition to the secretary of State and seeking his help in dealing with the material support provisions of INA...it is obvious that those who used to support our cause are slowly losing interest...and it is up to us to stay together and fight for our very basic human right that has been violated...I am not certain that petitioning the Secretary of State will be helpful...however, we loss nothing by trying to draw his attention to our problems...Ms. Clinton was rather cautious because she has political ambition...but in the case of Secretary Kerry it seems that he will be one term secretary and probably he may think of doing something good just for the sake of helping us...sometimes I get quite disappointed of seeing no progress in our plights...I see no light at the end of tunnel...we may walk forward together in dark and probably find some light at the end of tunnel...

[MZN,
Most advocates do not follow-up on their promises, I truly believed that we’ve been dumped.
But you get my support on your Initiative…
I just don’t know what form of letter or petition will capture his attention, for real.
In my narrow mind the only way If we intend to lobbying the secretary of state, is to try and arrange a dedicated meeting with his appropriate staffer ( his chief of staff), we will be likely to make more progress.
But again we have some intelligent forum members who may have smarter approach and inputs.]

Thanks for your prompt reply Deep Trigger..
I understand it will be very hard to get the attention of the Secretary of state. In this country you will get the attention of politicians only if you have a lot of money or political clout...we do not of either one...when I got my asylum I petitioned to obtain derivative asylee status for my wife who was even not in this country...today she is a naturalized citizen and I have to keep renewing my work authorization annually. It seems unreal to me like a bad nightmare...even convicted criminals in this country know when they will be out of jails...in our case I feel like being in prison for an indefinite period of time...we will wait to see what other members of this forum may suggest...

I would to share the following blog by Secretary Kerry when he was in the senate...he was supporting the Refugee Act 0f 2010...which of course did not become a law...

John Kerry
U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Posted: March 15, 2010 02:55 PM
BIO Become a Fan
Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index
The Refugee Act: More Reason to Celebrate Ted Kennedy's Legacy
My colleague of twenty five years, Ted Kennedy, left an enormous imprint on the Senate and on our country. Today we quietly mark the 30th anniversary of one of his most visionary legislative accomplishments.
The Refugee Act of 1980 paved the way for what is now the most robust and effective refugee program in the world. Thirty years later, we can celebrate the almost three million refugees we have welcomed into our land and our lives.
Many fled unspeakable horror and persecution. All learned firsthand our country's generous spirit of welcome. The "lost boy" from southern Sudan whose village was destroyed in civil war. The young man unlucky enough to be born an ethnic Rohingya in Burma, despised by his own government and denied even the basic identity papers that connote official personhood. The mother of three whose husband was killed by insurgents in return for his service to American troops in Iraq. The American people have welcomed all of them -- and many more.
All were lucky to make it out of their countries alive. But no refugees anywhere in the world face an easy path in a new land. Many come with painful memories of violence, and others with fears of unspeakable horrors narrowly escaped. Others wake up each day and wonder what their lives will become. Too often, they exchange one set of dangerous conditions for overcrowded, unsanitary, and even violent camps. Many of our family histories contain similar stories, and we should all remember the persistence, compassion and good fortune that allowed the next chapters to be written on our shores.
In fact, these refugees, many of whom arrive having lost everything, become some of the most resilient, entrepreneurial and devoted citizens we have. The ranks of refugees who succeeded in America include former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, U.S. Olympian Lopez Lomong, the late Congressman Tom Lantos and, of course, Albert Einstein. The difference between these individuals, and so many sitting in refugee camps, is that a new country and its people took a chance on them.
Today, as our troops come home, we must not lose sight of those Iraqis who also remain far from home. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis still live in neighboring countries like Syria and Jordan. As a recent International Rescue Committee report documented, these refugees face insecure and chaotic conditions.
Many of these refugees are young people whose lives and identities are still being shaped. According to the IRC, 40% of Iraqi refugees in Syria and Jordan are adolescents, and 60% are under the age of 25. Most cannot work, and they will soon become a lost generation with no education, no trade, and no prospects. Despite the generosity of the host governments to allow these refugees to remain, far too many live in a world of desperate alienation in which their daily survival is a gamble.
The Government of Iraq must find long-term solutions for its citizens, and the thousands more who are displaced internally inside Iraq. This is the top priority. But, we must not forget the special responsibility we as Americans hold to these people.
It is rightly a point of pride that the American people have welcomed these battered and brave souls. Despite our own trying times, on this day, we should again remember that it is the unique spirit of America that reminds us that when we take in the tired, hungry and poor, we are reconnecting with the best of our history, the source of our strength, and the better angels of our nature.
On the shores of Ellis Island, our nation became what it is today: powerful, spirited, strong and always in search of new frontiers. Thirty years after the passage of the 1980 Refugee Act, it is Ted Kennedy's legacy and America's, too.

Follow John Kerry on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JohnKerry

Important and urgent.

Human Right First lawyers may not want to file the Class Action Suit that may impact their business or social lives in the future over just one class suit case. Keep in mind all these non profit-independent advocacy and action organization that challenge the U.S government are enterprise or a firm that had board of trustees, CEO, Attorneys, financial department; so it is all about money, and personal interest and agenda that fits within their mission goals.

Because they believed certain countries may be a big problem as far as Material support bar, they don’t seem to be interested in our case. This is purely a matter of Human Right First lawyers’ preference, and has no reflection what so ever on the merit of our cases.

Class action lawsuit is the only efficient way to achieve justice for our pending cases...

My advice to ALL is to file a Class action lawsuit. So I have in mind, Rochelle A. Fortier Nwadibia, I have not yet contacted her but she is an International attorney practicing in the areas of Human Rights, Material support bar for Refugees, Human Trafficking, and had dealt with several cases similar to ours.

She once personally represented me, MY CASE VERY SUCCESSFUL.

If interested in, please let me know, that way we can put something together and start the process as soon as the beginning of the New Year 2014.

You can look her up online and talk her directly.

Important and urgent.

Human Right First lawyers may not want to file the Class Action Suit that may impact their business or social lives in the future over just one class suit case. Keep in mind all these non profit-independent advocacy and action organization that challenge the U.S government are enterprise or a firm that had board of trustees, CEO, Attorneys, financial department; so it is all about money, and personal interest and agenda that fits within their mission goals.

Because they believed certain countries may be a big problem as far as Material support bar, they don’t seem to be interested in our case. This is purely a matter of Human Right First lawyers’ preference, and has no reflection what so ever on the merit of our cases.

Class action lawsuit is the only efficient way to achieve justice for our pending cases...

My advice to ALL is to file a Class action lawsuit. So I have in mind, Rochelle A. Fortier Nwadibia, I have not yet contacted her but she is an International attorney practicing in the areas of Human Rights, Material support bar for Refugees, Human Trafficking, and had dealt with several cases similar to ours.

She once personally represented me, MY CASE VERY SUCCESSFUL.

If interested in, please let me know, that way we can put something together and start the process as soon as the beginning of the New Year 2014.

You can look her up online and talk her directly.

Hi guys. I think this is the only way out of this mess, that we are in. No politician, is interested to take our case, because they don't care unless they are pressed. In our case there is no pressure to put on them, or it is too little. I'm in for it, any way necessary.

This entire rubbish will only end if we stand up, Nelson Mendalla was declared a terrorist by USA and then awarded Noble prize when he had a bigger support from the nation, this truly 212 a 3 b rubbish is based on dirty bureaucracy, its a shame on us that we are counting others to help, this is how I look at it, the doors of the courts are open but the door of our hearts are closed either because we are scared of something or we are pinching pennies and counting for free help. If united together we can pitch in funds in our affordability.
I am in and hope more will come in to join our purpose of justice.

This entire rubbish will only end if we stand up, Nelson Mendalla was declared a terrorist by USA and then awarded Noble prize when he had a bigger support from the nation, this truly 212 a 3 b rubbish is based on dirty bureaucracy, its a shame on us that we are counting others to help, this is how I look at it, the doors of the courts are open but the door of our hearts are closed either because we are scared of something or we are pinching pennies and counting for free help. If united together we can pitch in funds in our affordability.
I am in and hope more will come in to join our purpose of justice.

[hecate statement is the ultimate truth that corroborates the reality of our situation. I hope many more would agree and come forward like him and JosephEsf that way we can do something about our cases and not just wait for some miracle to come. Please ALL who want to be part of it, Respond.]

I do agree with the view that we have to take the initiative ourselves...If there is an attempt to take legal action as a class/ or as a small group who like to be a party to law suit you may count on me either way...

I agree! Obviously, this "wait and see" approach is not working out. I recommend we start keeping a count of all in favor of a class action law suit and as the numbers grow appoint a "go to person" coordinate this effort. Otherwise before we know it, it will be another year gone by and then a decade.

I agree! Obviously, this "wait and see" approach is not working out. I recommend we start keeping a count of all in favor of a class action law suit and as the numbers grow appoint a "go to person" coordinate this effort. Otherwise before we know it, it will be another year gone by and then a decade.

[I agree.
Thanks Noetic ]

I am going solo

I have waited to see if others were serious about filing a class action challenging the current policy of holding our pending applications for adjustment/ processing for an indefinite period of time. What I have observed (from public posting here) is people talk without action here. I have decided to go solo and challenge hold of my pending application for adjustment of status to PR. I will update you as we proceed. Wishing you all the best.

i am going solo

i have waited to see if others were serious about filing a class action challenging the current policy of holding our pending applications for adjustment/ processing for an indefinite period of time. What i have observed (from public posting here) is people talk without action here. I have decided to go solo and challenge hold of my pending application for adjustment of status to pr. I will update you as we proceed. Wishing you all the best.

I couldn't agree more …
I have a deep emotional understanding of what you said. We will have to fight for Justice to make our case to the Federal Court Civil Justice System. We should not stop until change comes or at least our cases are heard. That’s the only way we will see improvement or change.
And in the forum only a very few volunteers would go for that option, why? I don't know, but it is too bad.
My intention is not to offend anyone, bu to strongly support what MZN is saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All
Before going through legal action, is there a way to appeal to the Ombudsman office in DC?

Update on my pending legal suit
My attorney today requested the INS to process my pending application in three weeks. He did not ask the INS to review it because he thinks that INS had more than five years to review the application and it is time now to process it in an expedited way. He also mentioned that if the application is not processed within 21 days he will file the law suit in the Federal Court. He has prepared the law suit and in case the application is not processed before or on 1/24/2014 then on 1/27/2014 at 9:00AM the law suit will be filed and he will try to request an early date for hearing of the case in the court. I will post here if I get any information.

Update on my pending legal suit
My attorney today requested the INS to process my pending application in three weeks. He did not ask the INS to review it because he thinks that INS had more than five years to review the application and it is time now to process it in an expedited way. He also mentioned that if the application is not processed within 21 days he will file the law suit in the Federal Court. He has prepared the law suit and in case the application is not processed before or on 1/24/2014 then on 1/27/2014 at 9:00AM the law suit will be filed and he will try to request an early date for hearing of the case in the court. I will post here if I get any information.

[Best luck, you are on the right track, keep us informed. I will soon do the same, I have my mind of the back-burner ready to flare up
]