I am no Terrorist, any advice?

what is this thread about? are we talking about "wings over miami" or " write optional memory" , do you file those things? are those things relevant to the wait of your green card? how about writ of Mandamus.

Why do you ask that therouk? :S That's a pretty unusual question.

The walker
it just a question to see if there is any update that all, BTW , any updates guys

Hello Everyone i have an update for you all. I had filed a petition with CIS OMBUDSMAN and here is the reply i received:
Dear Mr X,
Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your immigration issue. This case has been assigned workflow #871142
Upon receipt of your information, the office of CIS OMBUDSMNA initiated a formal inquiry with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS).USCIS should issue a response to you withing forty five days. If you do not receive a response within this period please notify our office.
Please be aware that although the office of the CIS Ombudsman collaborates with USICS, it is an independent entity within the Department of Homeland Security(DHS). The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience difficulties with the USCIS benefits process. Additionally, the office of the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and to recommending solutions to USCIS.Therefore, the concerns you raised in your letter will be considered as our office develops recommendations to improve USCIS administartive practices.
Once again thank you for contacting the office of the CIS Ombudsman and for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

That doesn't leave one much room to be optimist about, yeswecan2010. I can guarantee that they will send the same crappy 212 nonsense.

Btw, does anybody have a contact address of NSC? Someone shared it in a different post....and I think it read something along the lines...nsc.asylumlawsuit@dhs.gov or something but I'm not a 100 percent..

The.Walker,
You are right, that's exatcly what I recieved before the 'your case on hold' from the same office. But I still think it's better to fill up the form and send it to them.

That doesn't leave one much room to be optimist about, yeswecan2010. I can guarantee that they will send the same crappy 212 nonsense.

Btw, does anybody have a contact address of NSC? Someone shared it in a different post....and I think it read something along the lines...nsc.asylumlawsuit@dhs.gov or something but I'm not a 100 percent..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

What you guys think about the 10 issue Review Policy posted on USCIS web 07/26. Will the I-601 application waiver of ground inadmissibility be helpful for us or Asylum adjustment status?

Please share your thought

HBA
I hope it will allow us to apply for waiver to remove the 212 issue. Did USCIS remove any body or party from their list as you mentioned that everyone will be cleared by 2011.

Therouk,
Some one posted few weeks ago that Sudan was remove from the list. I did posted that 6 to 12 countries will be removed from the list by the end of the summer I got the information from Melanie Nezer Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy. It looks like it is on the good direction

I know that one person had e-mail her I was wondering if she did get back.

I don't think they will be cleared by countries. This doesn't seem right to me. May be by groups will be more realistic?

Therouk,
Some one posted few weeks ago that Sudan was remove from the list. I did posted that 6 to 12 countries will be removed from the list by the end of the summer I got the information from Melanie Nezer Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy. It looks like it is on the good direction

I know that one person had e-mail her I was wondering if she did get back.

I got the email yesterday. I was told that she has been one of the leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility due to material support of a Tier III terrorist organization. If any body wants to email her here is her email melanie.nezer@hias.org. She is really good getting back. I am sure she will answer any question you have. It will be good idea to ask her if this information is available to the public.
If you Google her name you can get a lot more information about her. She is Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy HIAS
I will encourage every body to contact her! Please share any information you will get.

Good luck

Hi HBA,
I contacted Melanie Nezer and like you said she got back to me with below. Thank you.

Thank you for your email. The government has been moving very slowly in resolving the issue of adjustment of status cases on hold for providing support to a “Tier III” terrorist group, many of which are not truly terrorist groups, but are defined as such under the extremely broad US laws enacted after 9/11. There’s a great report on this which I recommend you read: http://www.humanrightsfirst.info/pdf/RPP-DenialandDelay-FULL-111009-web.pdf

DHS has publicly promised to adjudicate ½ of the nearly 8,000 adjustment of status & family reunification cases on hold by the end of calendar year 2010, and the remaining ½ by the end of 2011. DHS will be clearing groups that are considered “Tier III” groups under the immigration laws. Once a group is “cleared”, DHS will look at each case individually to determine whether to issue an exemption and grant the green card or other benefit.

At this point, I don’t have any advice other than to keep in close contact with your attorney, and feel free to contact me in early September for an update if you have not heard from DHS about your case.
Best of luck,
Melanie

Thank you mija,
From my understanding that is positive answer. Now we just have to pray that they will keep their promise.

My friend who just got his GC after 11 years, they ony backdated his card one year.But good news one lawyer told me he can change that and backdate it from the date you applied. please share any info ypu get. Thanks