I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I wouldn't really be surprised if our cases would get processed by the end of 2011, if they ever would; the fact of the matter is that we all innocent and the sad part is that they don't care about us. We shouldn't be in that hold nonsense in the first, all we can do is wait, wait and keep on waiting. There is nothing worst than being stuck in a "Legal Limbo".
I am so frustrating with this situation, when would it end ? who knows.
I am really loosing hopes.

HOLY SH**************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!! MY MOM and BROTHER's I730s have been approved and we just received an email saying my dad's been mailed a document saying he's been registered as the permanent resident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation!! I am sure you will get yours very soon. Please if you do don’t forgot about us. You have a good source of information.:D

Of course not! This forum has been invaluable man! I'll check in regularly to see if everyone who've had their cases put on hold due to this ambiguous and ridiculous nonsense!! Hopefully mine is underway too.

Hey walker,

What is your origin, from sudan? Did u file any application to uscis during ur hold? For, example, freedom of information act or something like that.
Of course not! This forum has been invaluable man! I'll check in regularly to see if everyone who've had their cases put on hold due to this ambiguous and ridiculous nonsense!! Hopefully mine is underway too.

USA21, I did everything ( like for for FOIA ), contact Senators etc. But none of those worked.

Speaking in the hindsight, the cases would've been approved over a year ago had we filed for Writ of Mandamus ( because they had no business in putting my dad's application on hold ) but oh well. I'm a Nepali national.

And you lot don't need to worry. Things are definitely moving and moving fast. One more thing, the number of holds according to some reputed sources were 2000 as of a month ago but so far, I've heard of over 20 cases that've been approved over the past 2 weeks. As such, I don't believe that people need to wait till the end of 2011 before everything gets cleared ( one or two exceptions might occur ) because it makes no logical sense.

Just think. The number of holds back in Feb was 6000, it had been slashed to 2000 by July/early August and more and more approvals are coming our way.

I expect everyone to receive their approvals by the end of this month. Mark my words.

Just consider my own situation. I had posted earlier this morning saying how there had been no LUD in all 3 cases since January of this year ( when I'd click on them, they'd date back to Feb 2009 for mom and brother saying how they had received additional documents ) while my dad's receipt number said how they had received the application in March of 2008. After 4 hours ( I checked my mails and the cases statuses over 30 times during those hours! ), boom. All three cases were approved.

Again, give it till the end of the month.

again, congratulations walker your presence will be missed here haha but it's one of the places where you are better off not be... so glad to hear your news.. get drunk for me too bro...

Haha. Thanks man. I'm actually gonna hold my celebrations till my gc gets resolved. But this now allows us to focus about greater things in life. You will get it soon. I'm sure.

HOLY SH**************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!! MY MOM and BROTHER's I730s have been approved and we just received an email saying my dad's been mailed a document saying he's been registered as the permanent resident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will receive yours very very soon. Congratulations. I am happy for your family

The.Walker did you personally get approved? Not that I know of...
I thought he said his mother and brother's I-730s are approved and his dad's been mailed a document saying he's been registered as the permanent resident. As far I have been following through his case is still pending.

Also 2,000 applicants remaining, how did we came up with this number? Is it fact or speculation? I requested for my district Congress representative, that's not the answer that I got. I know many applicants on hold from 1999 to 2003, none so far got approved.

I must be getting wrong impression and wrong information, based to the inquiries that I personally received. But I think DHS policy decision to adjudicate such cases on hold does not seem to be into effect as of now, they may be working on it, and there are more lot to do.

I just find some information too suspicious and questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks assylum.

Talk about inconsistencies, I suppose I'm a living example.

My I730 got approved back in February 2009 ( a week after we sent in the docs related to relationship verification ). My mom and brother's didn't!

Now compare my own situation with that of Cortaidus ( we're from the same country w/ ties to same political organization ) who is still waiting for his I730 to get approved! What's more, he's living here with his wife! He didn't even need a visa ( like my mom and brother did, which explains why their I730s didn't get approved as my dad was found "inadmissible" due to hold ).

Further, there are tons of countrymen belonging to the same political party who've seen their GCs and Family petitions get approved years ago including a student leader of the same political party ( he got his GC without getting his biometrics done! ).

There are tons of inconsistencies and hopefully, one day they will all get sorted.

Deeptrigger, the figures are inside information that the USCIS/DHS have passed onto several human rights organizations and tons of congress representatives. Those aren't vague numbers. As of early September ( or late August ), 2,000 holds were remaining. If you were to go to 3 pages back, you'll see people belonging to Sudanese DUP who shared their families either receiving their GCs or their own GC applications' LUD changing to August/September.

Things are definitely moving fast. Your approvals are coming soon.

The.Walker,
Thanks for the clartification, and for going beyond the mile to get these valuable information, we appreciate it.

Thanks.

Congratulations The. walker, wish you and your family the best.
By the way two of my friends from Sudan DUP where on hold for more than 10 years just got their green cards, they back dated them only for one year though.

plastic GC arrived

First of all, congradulation to Walker. Well done!! Do you recall what I said last week The.Walker?? I said you guys will see approvals soon in next 4 weeks? And here we go: our compratiot finally received it. All others who are on the 212 hold, please have some patience. I am telling you from excellent and reliable source: congressional source who told me that there are only 2000 more cases left to process and they are doing it in a slow pace but it sounds like it is a good pace.

I received my plastic Greencard yesterday, got drunk too and woke up early, hung over and thanked my attorney who is far beyong exceptional. Hadn't she worked on my case, I would have been deported long time ago. I also thanked my congressional office person who is really intelligent and understands people problem well. Makes me feel like wow!! nice people are out there.

People, I am fighting for 1 more unfair decision: My GC says I am a permanent resident under category AS6 since Aug XX 09 but it supposed to be about 10 months earlier. I am going to ask congressional office to ask USCIS again to backdate me on a fair basis -- as it happens for every greencard applicants within 4 months, why me who has to loose time for the wait I have done. If this is one of the things that USCIS agrees to do, off course I am going to try. Time is so important for all of us.

guys, its early morning and I hope when you wake up today, you all will receive mails with the approvals. I really wish that all of us who have suffered from this hold will see the freedom we all have dreamed about. It feels great. Those who are are in pain because of this wait, please take my words, you wont wait too long. Your green card approval (Welcome letter) is coming soon. You all owe me a drink and a burger, what I said earlier last week is coming true.

Lastly, please try to communicate even though GC gets approved or not. Our common agendas and sufferings should unite us for future agendas where I speculate when we apply for citizenship, they won't say "oh you are the guy with 212 hold and we did a favor to you". Speaking in 1 voice is so important. Congrats to Walker again and his family, I am happy for you. All others, yours bright days are coming ahead. So please sleep stress free.