I am laid off before 180 days and I cannot discuss this with my lawyer

Looks like she is sincere and honest towards INS ... and not you ;-) Make sure she gets

her priorities straight .... And why are you shying to disclose her name ... You are more honest and upright to her than she is to you!
...and then you pay her for that! Sounds like a classic fraud case to me.

According to Carl Shusterman, you attorney can not do any harm to you

Question #1: My company applied for my I-485 in August 2001 in the Texas service center. When is it safe for me to switch companies?

Carl Shusterman: The 180-day portability rule allows you to switch jobs or employers at any time. This is after the form I-485 is submitted to the INS - anytime after that, as long as the INS does not decide your application for at least 180 days after the filing date. Since there is no way for you to know whether the INS will decide your application during the first 180 days, which in your case should be sometime in February 2002, if you want to be absolutely safe, wait until it has been 180 days since the I-485 was submitted before you change jobs. However, it\'s been my experience in submitting I-485s for clients across the United States, that rarely does the INS decide an application during the first 180 days. The bottom line is that if you are willing to take a little bit of risk, you can change jobs immediately.

I know she looks sincere and honest basically for INS rules.

and I have disclosed her company name and place. What else is to be revealed? If somebody\'s lawyer is there with company name similar to the name I have mentioned then can ask me. Also I am scared to reveal the full company name straight forward as this is not a private forum.