I-94 white Card

2lc2

I still have an expired I-94 White Card which I got it when coming back to US in 2005. The valid date on the card is 12/12/2006. Since then, I extend my H1-B based on approved I-140 and got the extension to 12/12/2009. The approved I-797 has a bottom part (I-94) which has the same number as the original I-94 I got in 2005 with the expiration date 12/12/2009. I got my greencard last year, I plan to travel out of country, do I need to surrender both I-94 cards or just the original expired white card? or I don't need to surrender anything since I already got the greencard?

Surrendering the I-94 is optional if you have a green card.

When I traveled on an extended H1B before getting the green card, I stapled together the white card (which had since expired) and the I-94 stub from the H1B approval notice and gave them both to the airline agent. I don't know which one I should have given, but I figured if I gave up both, USCIS will see whatever the right one is.

I still have an expired I-94 White Card which I got it when coming back to US in 2005. The valid date on the card is 12/12/2006. Since then, I extend my H1-B based on approved I-140 and got the extension to 12/12/2009. The approved I-797 has a bottom part (I-94) which has the same number as the original I-94 I got in 2005 with the expiration date 12/12/2009. I got my greencard last year, I plan to travel out of country, do I need to surrender both I-94 cards or just the original expired white card? or I don't need to surrender anything since I already got the greencard?

Just return the white I-94 when you travel. Airline agents will not necessarily ask for it though. Do not give the Green (I797 bottom) since that has the same number.

just return white I-94 if asked

Just show the original I-94 stapled to Passport at the airline check-in and they know the stuff.
Do not tear off bottom portion of any approved I-797 as it is not necessary. It might help you to prove your legal presence during the extension period. This info will be provided by your law firm. Again, do not tear out I-797. (Long time ago, I insisted airline staff to take the part of I-797 but they said they are supposed to take only the original one).

Thanks

you don't need to surrender I94s

I had the same question when I got my GC two months ago. I asked our lawyers and they said NO, you don't need to surrender I-94 cards. Keep them as your immigration memorabilia.

I had the same question when I got my GC two months ago. I asked our lawyers and they said NO, you don't need to surrender I-94 cards. Keep them as your immigration memorabilia.

My mom's friend retain her I-94 too she got since last 2002. It's an optional to surrender.