I-94 expires - receipt notice not received?

neekat

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

I am applying for my parents GC via concurrent filing at Chicago lockbox. They are here in US and their the date mentioned on I-94 is 12th May, 2008. I was revieiwing the Chicago case receipt time lines and it says that it may take upto 12 weeks to get a receipt.
The questions I have:
1) Based on past experience, how long it takes to get the receipt.
2) What happens if my parents do not receive the receipt for I-485 by May 12, 2008. Will they be out of status or sending the application covers them as they applied for AOS ?Will they have to leave the country if we don't get the receipt by May 12, 2008
3) For AOS, is an applicant fine even if the application was send prior to expiration of time allowed on I-94 or the applicant should receive the notice before expiration of time allowed on I-94.

Thanks for your help.

What happens if my parents do not receive the receipt for I-485 by May 12, 2008. Will they be out of status or sending the application covers them as they applied for AOS ?Will they have to leave the country if we don't get the receipt by May 12, 2008

So long as the application was received, they are in legal status. They just do not have evidence of this.

For AOS, is an applicant fine even if the application was send prior to expiration of time allowed on I-94 or the applicant should receive the notice before expiration of time allowed on I-94.

The receipt of the receipt has no legal significance. Either the application was filed on time, or it wasn't. When you get the receipt back doesn't matter.

My understanding is they are in status based on a timely filed AOS application. If you have the certified mail receipt or number as proof of mailing, and perhaps return receipt as proof of delivery, this is your proof that you timely filed.