I-94 Correction

sansan

Registered Users (C)
My wife recently entered US. She had H4 visa stamped which is valid till June 2002. But recently I had switched my employers and had processed a new H4 which is valid till Aug 2003. When my wife entered USA the INS officer at the POE wrongly entered June 2002 as the expiry date, it should have been Aug 2003. Could you kindly let me know how we should go about correcting this error.

- S

with her new approval....

With her new approval, your wife must have received new I-94 card also that is valid beyond her current I-94. She need to use that when she leaves the country. That should do.
What INS officials give at port of entry is given not in error but on their discretion. There is no such thing as correcting such duration. The only option in such cases is filing an extension of the case itself.

I-94 is expiring

My I-94 is expiring in June 2002. But my H-1 is valid until 2003. The officer stamped I-94 with June 2002 date because my passport was expiring in June 2002. I have renewed my passport. How do I get the date on I-94 extended. Pls help.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can......

You can go for extension of your case. However, if you are going outside the U.S., there is a chance of getting I-94 during reentry with the duration for which your H-1B case was approved. If you do not have such travel plans, it\'s good to go ahead with the extension.