I-9 Form: Do I have to worry about it?

No Title

It\'s the responsibility of the employer. However, you should inform them about your new status, present the evidence of GC, and ask for the Form I-9 to complete your info part. Here your obligations end.

No Title

I did tell my employer that I got PR, did not seem like that \'girl\' really cared for that information. I don\'t even know if my employer even know about this I-9 form. whatif my employer does not take any step towards completeing I-9? would that impact me? if yes, then how?

No Title

In my case my HR didnot even touch my I9 form, just took a copy of PR Card and kept it in my file, thats it.

No Title

in my case they did not even ask me for copy of stamp on my passport .. I don\'t have the plastic card yet. do I have to ask my employer to complete I-9?

No Title

gosh! I don\'t think my company ever got a copy of I-94 based on my H1 after I got it stamped on my passport as they never asked me for it. Though I did tell my company that I got H1 stamped. Please note that I was on F1/Practical Training when I joined my company. O Boy! some one is in trouble.

No Title

IMO there is no need to worry yourself to death now. In the unlikely event of an INS audit the company may be fined. This could place a strain on your work relationship but that\'s about it ...

Note that I am not a lawyer and this is just my own personal opinion.