1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

I-864 and I-864A returned with Checklists... HELP!

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by honeyc74, Feb 10, 2007.

1. honeyc74

honeyc74 Registered Users (C)

My husband and I submitted the affidavit of support documents more than 2 weeks ago. My husband, as the US citizen and the petitioner filed the I-864 and I filed I-864A as the joint sponsor. Just today they were all returned to us with a checklist :(.

In my husband's checklist, it says that I-864 Part 25 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W2's. I put zero there since my husband has been unemployed for more than a year. That's why I filed as the joint sponsor. What should we do here?

In my checklist:
    1. it was asking for the 2005 income tax return. I just had my work permit April last year and started working June last year. I sent the Letter of Employment stating when I started. And I sent my W2 since I haven;t filed for 2006. Why are they asking for 2005 returns?
    2. Part 2 Sponsors Promise
      • Family members are not allowed in this section under this visa petition (IR2). The sponsor should complete I-864 for each family member. --my husband filed I-864 for each of my kids. And I filed I-864A for each of them too.
      • The number of immigrants sponsored is incorrect. This number must be the same as in I-864 Part 3.

My husband is petitioning our 2 kids, I am the joint sponsor and we live together. Should I file I-864 or I-864A?

In total number of households, should we add the 2 of them for each I-864 or just add one to each since they have separate I-864?

Thanks all!