i-864 and i-864A questions

clq

Registered Users (C)
I'm hoping that someone can help us answer some of the questions in these forms.

I am sponsoring my mom (I-130 via CP) and we are now in the process of filling out the Affidavit of Support forms. I stopped working last year so my husband will be the joint sponsor. My questions are:

For I-864:

1. Question 25 asks about my Federal income tax return information for the past 3 years - We filed jointly so I'm not sure if I should write down my own income (I was still working until Oct. of last year) or the joint income as stated on our tax return?

For I-864 A

2. Question 11 also asks for my husband's Federal income tax return information for the past 3 years: Same question...should my husband just write down his own income or our joint income?

Thanks.

clq
You start with Q.22 you would mark unemployed. Q.23 you would write your 2008 w2 & other total income. Same amount goes on Q.24. write down husband's income details on Q.24b. Q.24c would be you & your husband's income and fill I-864A for him. Make sure to check Q.24d. For question 25, you may attach previous 3 years tax returns, and write your income
Form I-864A
You would write only husband's income details and attach previous 3 years tax return along with w2's & 1099's (if applicable)