I-751 Timeline List

Flyer729 updated.

This is all confusing man. I don't know. I have been PR since 12/07/05 so if I look at that date I still got 2 more months to go but if I look at the marriage time only then I should have filed back in october . See the only thing thats making me think its 2 yrs 9 months of being a GC rather then just marriage time is that if you are counting by marriage time then the I751 process seems useless and does not make sense at all. For example, in my case I get married in 08/24/04. File I485 which gets me a card around 12/07/05. thats a year and a half right there(almost). then by the time I am due to file my I751 you add another yr and 9 months to the time and you are already past 2 yrs 9 months of marriage. so why file I751?

I think you are confused. Continuous residence is another requirement for naturalization which is separate from the time as permanent residence. You need to have had your greencard for 3 years. Period.

Guys I read everything on the GC- citizen issue. here the deal.
1. You can file for citizenship after 3 years of being a LPR. You are allowed to send you app 90 days before three years of the date on your green card.
In vega's case he became LPR on 12/07/05 ,so his three years as LPR is 12/07/08. So he may send his citizenship application on 08/07/08. It takes another year to get the citizenship...

Also to apply for citizenship you should not have stayed outside the country for more than 6 months in one go. there are other trivial stuff on the form like criminal and other but that only applies to a minority and if it does you should get an attorney.

I hopt this helps.

I am so confused. After reading the above mail, I checked my I-130 status. First of all why is my I-130 from two years ago updated when it was already approved?
Then, it was updated a couple days before my I-751 was send in. Is that normal?

I am so confused. After reading the above mail, I checked my I-130 status. First of all why is my I-130 from two years ago updated when it was already approved?
Then, it was updated a couple days before my I-751 was send in. Is that normal?

Hi Keila,
how did you check your I-130 status?
Thanks.

It was on one of the letters that I still had, back from when I applied for adjustment of status.

It was on one of the letters that I still had, back from when I applied for adjustment of status.

I guess you had a receipt/notice and there was a case number or smth like that.
My I-130 was file and approved at US Embassy in my home country. So I have no idea what's the tracking number would be.

I wonder if calling 1-800 would help me get the number for I-130.

On a separate note, just checked my change of address notices (filed 2 years ago) and it turned out they were 'touched' in Jan 2008 for whatever reason. Interesting...:confused:

Yesterday i received the 10 year green card in mail ,and we would like to thank everyone for their advices and help (especialy to cher1980 for answering to most of our concerns and vega1x1 for updating the post) and also vega i will give you my timeline for I-751 so you can added to the list ,and hopefully it will give some expectable estimate for future applicants ,esspecialy those that are applying to nebraska service center and their application are transfered to california service center, and since i saw that the last approved case on that list is in march maybe this will turn new page and more applicant will be approved
;)
02/25/08 sent I-751 application to NSC
02/29/08 check cleared in CSC
03/04/08 received NOA
03/11/08 received ASC Appointment Notice
03/25/08 Biometrics done
06/16/08 received green card in the mail and online status changed from case received and pending to approval notice sent
and on the same day 06/16/08 i received 10 year green card ,which i assume is the same as approval notice ,because i did not received any additional notice letter ,but i have the green card which is the most important.
One more time thanks to everyone on the forum and we hope we will see you guys in 9 months on N-400 topics on the forum

Congratulations,

I am really happy that somebody got approved again and that your wait is over.

congratulations barista and thanks for giving us your timeline. Good luck on your citizenship journey.

guys if you want your name added please post here. for one it puts the list on top and makes it available to find easily. I wish the moderators would pin it. and secondly I have a habit of forgetting to read my inbox

Well, I finally managed to call Customer Service of USCIS, complaining I didn't get my extension, only biometrics letter. And it's been like 4 months now. The guy right away verified my alien #, name and address and said he would make sure it'd go out right away. 3 or 4 days later, I got my extension!!

Please add me to the CSC list

Hi! My timeline is in my signature !!

I feel so good to be back :) This forum almost feels like home :)

Thanks!

Hi every one. I have a question. I applyied for I-751 on Dec 14 2007 and They Recieved my application and Cashed the Check on Dec 27 at Vermont Center. I did My finger Print on Feb 04 2008.Since Then I'm Still waiting ....I have Friend of Mine who Applyied to I-751 but his apllication went to California Center Instead of Vermont and He recieved his 10 Green Card. But mine went to Vermont and I'm still waiting.....Does any one know how long It will take to process the aplication? I know now they are processing April 29 of 2007. But this is not fear when CSC are way faster from VSC.... Please any one have an updates?

Thanks
Abe
Filed for I-751 on Dec 14 2007
Check Cashed on Dec 27 2007 By VSC
Finger Print on Feb 04 2008
Today is 06/25/2008 Still waiting

Hi wifey246,

Welcome back on board,

I think I remembered you back in I-485. Our interview date was the same. Pray we will make it through in this journey once again

Good to see you again :)

Justnew.