I-751 Removal of Conditions from Green Card - October 2013

lizab213

Registered Users (C)
Sent off I-751 off today 10/2 express mail. Hoping government shutdown doesn't actually affect timelines.

Sent off I-751 off today 10/2 express mail. Hoping government shutdown doesn't actually affect timelines.

Hi Lizab213,

Good to hear from a fellow October filer. I filed my I-751 packet on October 2, 2013 to Vermont Service Center using USPS Priority mail (delivers next day). Just got my NOA receipt today on 9th October (i.e. 7 days after mailing).
It'll be great if you and new filers mention the contents of the package or "evidence" as they call it.

Apart form I-751 and fees, I included:
copy of my GC (front and back)
copy of my and my wife's DL (showing same address)
copy of our tax returns for last two years (married filing jointly)
letter from our bank stating when my wife was added to my account and that we have debit cards in that joint account
statements of our joint bank account spanning two years
copy of a loan we applied for jointly
copy of our joint car insurance
copy of my health insurance card with my wife's name on it as well
copy of my healt insurance account records showing both of us having used that insurance card at different times and at different doctors
copy of our joint leases from last 3 years (3 different addresses)
copy of our utility bills (cable/gas/phone/electricity) from last two years. two bills are under my name and two are in my wife's. However, they all show same address
affidavits from our family and friends
photos from different events
couple of hospital visit forms showing my wife's name in emergency contact
Few greeting cards from each other and from family on different occasions (also included some envelopes showing both our names)

Hi Lizab213,

Good to hear from a fellow October filer. I filed my I-751 packet on October 2, 2013 to Vermont Service Center using USPS Priority mail (delivers next day). Just got my NOA receipt today on 9th October (i.e. 7 days after mailing).
It'll be great if you and new filers mention the contents of the package or "evidence" as they call it.

Apart form I-751 and fees, I included:
copy of my GC (front and back)
copy of my and my wife's DL (showing same address)
copy of our tax returns for last two years (married filing jointly)
letter from our bank stating when my wife was added to my account and that we have debit cards in that joint account
statements of our joint bank account spanning two years
copy of a loan we applied for jointly
copy of our joint car insurance
copy of my health insurance card with my wife's name on it as well
copy of my healt insurance account records showing both of us having used that insurance card at different times and at different doctors
copy of our joint leases from last 3 years (3 different addresses)
copy of our utility bills (cable/gas/phone/electricity) from last two years. two bills are under my name and two are in my wife's. However, they all show same address
affidavits from our family and friends
photos from different events
couple of hospital visit forms showing my wife's name in emergency contact
Few greeting cards from each other and from family on different occasions (also included some envelopes showing both our names)

This is what I supplied as evidence:
1. Copy of my Green Card
2. Copy of our drivers licenses showing joint occupancy at our previous address
3. Copy of our mortgage documents. My wife was the sole applicant for the loan, but I am listed in several locations as my name does appear on the deed.
4. Copy of our 2011 Joint US Federal and Connecticut income tax returns, showing our filing status as ‘Married filing jointly’.
5. Copy of our 2012 Joint US Federal and Connecticut income tax returns, showing our filing status as ‘Married filing jointly’.
6. Copies of our Joint bank account from March 2011 to present.
7. Copy of our home insurance documents for our home for 2012-2013.
8. Copy of our auto insurance documents for our vehicles for 2012-2013.
9. Copy of our home insurance documents for our home for 2013-2014.
10. Copy of our auto insurance documents for our vehicles for 2013-2014.
11. Copy of our Jewelry insurance document for 2012 and 2013
12. Copies of our Optimum phone, internet and cable bills from October 2012 to present.
13. Copies of our UI electricity bills from October 2012 to present.
14. Copies of our Verizon cellular phone bills from November 2011 to present.
15. Copies of our Home Heating Oil bills from the 2012-2013 winter.
16. Copy of our Costco membership renewal from January 2013.
17. Copy of our subscription notice to our local newspaper (New Haven Register).
18. Copies of wife's health benefits in which I am a dependent and beneficiary.
19. Copies of wife's pension/401K documents in which I am the beneficiary.
20. Affidavit written by xxxx, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
21. Affidavit written by xxxx, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

Check was cashed 10/9, Received NoA 10/10....Fingers crossed it was enough

Good luck on your journey. The shutdown shouldnt affect our processing as its fee based. But you never know.

Good luck on your journey. The shutdown shouldnt affect our processing as its fee based. But you never know.

Now that I have the 1 yr. extention I'm more relaxed. When I applied for GC it took the office 40 days to acknowledge the application. Just long enough for me to cancel the checks and almost resend, which was a hassle.

Curious

Hello All,

My window for filing opened on October 13th but I am still in the process of putting my documents together. The following is a list of documents I will be submitting along with the application (and fee). I would be more than pleased if you were to share your thoughts and/or give feedback on how sufficient (or lacking) my list is. Thanks!

Copy of the front and back of my green card
Copies of lease agreements for the last three years
Copy of rent payment history for last three years
Copy of his military ID and my dependent card with him listed as sponsor
Auto insurance documents (insurance cards, insurance bills. First we had Geico (so those cards) then we switched to USAA (so those cards and docs also))
Copy of loan approval (& congratulations) on purchasing a new vehicle
Copy of Motor Vehicle Registration (in both our names)
Copy of Auto Tax Bill
Copies of joint bank account checks (two financial institution over the years so two sets of joint accounts)
Copies of both of our driver's licenses (showing same address)
Copies of tax filing documents for years 2011 and 2012
Copies of utility bills (2 in his name, 1 in mine)
Printouts of travel itinerary for vacation to my country (I went before him and he later joined me then we came back to the US together)
Photographs (Lots of them) (me with his family, him with mine, us together on vacations, trips, everyday life) (I have about 50 but will cut down to about 15)

Also, I was planning to get affidavits from my godmother and a family friend but didn't bother. How important are those affidavits? Is there anything I'm leaving out of my list?

Thanks for reading.

Hello All,

My window for filing opened on October 13th but I am still in the process of putting my documents together. The following is a list of documents I will be submitting along with the application (and fee). I would be more than pleased if you were to share your thoughts and/or give feedback on how sufficient (or lacking) my list is. Thanks!

Copy of the front and back of my green card
Copies of lease agreements for the last three years
Copy of rent payment history for last three years
Copy of his military ID and my dependent card with him listed as sponsor
Auto insurance documents (insurance cards, insurance bills. First we had Geico (so those cards) then we switched to USAA (so those cards and docs also))
Copy of loan approval (& congratulations) on purchasing a new vehicle
Copy of Motor Vehicle Registration (in both our names)
Copy of Auto Tax Bill
Copies of joint bank account checks (two financial institution over the years so two sets of joint accounts)
Copies of both of our driver's licenses (showing same address)
Copies of tax filing documents for years 2011 and 2012
Copies of utility bills (2 in his name, 1 in mine)
Printouts of travel itinerary for vacation to my country (I went before him and he later joined me then we came back to the US together)
Photographs (Lots of them) (me with his family, him with mine, us together on vacations, trips, everyday life) (I have about 50 but will cut down to about 15)

Also, I was planning to get affidavits from my godmother and a family friend but didn't bother. How important are those affidavits? Is there anything I'm leaving out of my list?

Thanks for reading.

Instructions specifically ask for 2 affidavits, so definitely get those!

When we applied for GC two years ago, we were told by our lawyer to make sure photographs are PG. Make sure none of them have alcohol or anything bad (check the backgrounds). The lawyers just said make sure anything you give them is something that you want them to have.

Otherwise, I think you're good!

Question for those who track their case on USCIS.gov website....

I've tried to search for our case number so I can sign up for text alerts and my case isn't found online by the receipt number. Can you guys check if your's shows up there or do you think I should call? (I did recieve the NOA with receipt number and the check is cashed, so I know they have it)

Question for those who track their case on USCIS.gov website....

I've tried to search for our case number so I can sign up for text alerts and my case isn't found online by the receipt number. Can you guys check if your's shows up there or do you think I should call? (I did recieve the NOA with receipt number and the check is cashed, so I know they have it)

@ lizab,

There's a case number on the notice of action you received, but that will not work. The number that will work will come with your fingerprint notice. Wait until you get the fingerpriont notice, then you can add the case to your profile, and register the case for email and text message update.

Biometrics letter received on October 16th (14 days after mailing). Might go there tomorrow and see if they entertain walk-ins

We didnt send in any pictures as we have them all ready for the interview and now I am hearing that for the i751 they dont do interviews.... so hopefully that wont be much of a problem.

I must be the world's biggest worrier so please bear with me if what I'm about to write sounds trivial. I am curious to know how important the cover letter is when one submits the I-751 package. I had written up a quite detailed cover letter and checklist and have my husband sign it (as did I) because everyone made it sound as if it would be really helpful for the USCIS officer handling your package. So I got my package together, put everything in the order as it was listed on the cover letter/checklist and sent off package yesterday only to find out that I never did include the signed cover letter/checklist. Basically, once the officer opens my packet, my I-751 will be on top of the pile with my check paper-clipped to it. I don't think not having a cover letter will have them deny me (that will be silly) but I'm curious to know if any of you did not send a cover letter with yours.

about to submit mine..

Hi,
I am about to submit my documents for the conditions removal of my green card...However, as i am searching and reading articles online, i am bit confused about 2 photos... some people say it is necessary to include 2 passport photos along with other documents...Some people don't even talk about it so.. i read the I751 instructions and it doesnt say anything about submitting 2 passport photos...

So do i need to include my 2 passport photos? Thanks in advance!!

@taekno

I didn't include any photos. They already know how I look based on my photocopy of my GC.

BTW, I received my Notice of Receipt today. Green card extended for another year.

Received my Biometrics letter on Saturday Nov 9th with an appointment date for December 3rd. I did a walk-in appointment on November 13th. Now, I wait.

Received notice from USCIS dated November 25th that my case was transferred to the California Service Center. Hopefully this means things will get done a little more quickly.

On February 19, 2014, we ordered production of your new card

Mine was also transferred to CA....any ideas on why??

Hi,

I am new to this forum, however I applied to remove the conditions from Green Card at the same time as all of you (Around October 3rd 2013). I just received great news whilst checking my status online that on 'February 19, 2014, we ordered production of your new card'. It should arrive within 30days.

I live in CO, so I went through the CA office.

Hope you all get similar news soon.

Mine was also transferred to CA....any ideas on why??

This has happened to a few other board members. This is not bad as the CSC seems to process faster than VSC. Also this was done to ease the workload that VSC is experiencing. Good luck on your processing though. Hopefully it will be faster.

I have been waiting for word from USCIS since they transferred my case to the CSC in December. Online it keeps saying "Initial Review"

Now I've gotten a letter that goes

"This letter is in reference to your Form 1-751, Petition to Remove...This is to notify you that your petition has been relocated to the USCIS Field Office listed below for adjudication. This office will schedule an interview for you. When an interview date becomes available, that office will notify you in a separate notice of the date and time you will need to appear for the interview.

When you appear for the interview, you must bring this notice and your appointment notice, along with evidence to establish that the marriage through which you earned your conditional residence status was entered in good faith. This evidence include but is not limited to joint bank accounts, joint leases, (they continue to list examples).

Any further correspondence concerning your petition should be directed to the local Field Office at the address shown below"

Does this mean there WILL be a second interview?