I-751 Removal of Conditions from Green Card - July 2013 Filers

Double congrats to you. Can you update your timeline as well so we can see how long it took for the whole process. Next step for you N400 next year for US Citizenship....

Done.
The whole process took only 2 months, which I guess is surprisingly short, since we did not go early for biometrics.
Another thing i would like to mention is that the case status still shows up as "Initial Review", so the tracking might not be accurate.

Done.
The whole process took only 2 months, which I guess is surprisingly short, since we did not go early for biometrics.
Another thing i would like to mention is that the case status still shows up as "Initial Review", so the tracking might not be accurate.

Wow that is very fast. I am happy to hear that your journey is over that fast. I think USCIS needs to work on their site that you login and check on the progress of your case. I got my citizenship in 09 and it shows as initial review on the site just like the 751 processing right now. Very frustrating.

Done.

I was looking at your timeline and I dont see an entry for your interview. Did they do away with interviews now?

Do you mean for the original GC application? We had an interview in Sept 2011, I just let the date in the signature (I had to cut some items to make room for the new items).

Looks like the case is tracking now. This is actually the only tracking info other than the initial "review" that we got. "On October 2, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you." Hopefully it would come soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean for the original GC application? We had an interview in Sept 2011, I just let the date in the signature (I had to cut some items to make room for the new items).

I was meaning for your i751 removal of conditions timeline. I dont see an interview date for you there. So I was wondering if they did away with that or not.

I was meaning for your i751 removal of conditions timeline. I dont see an interview date for you there. So I was wondering if they did away with that or not.

Correct, we did not have an interview for i751 removal of conditions. I thought this was standard.

Correct, we did not have an interview for i751 removal of conditions. I thought this was standard.

Ok things have changed since I went through this step. I had an interview. Good to know that they are skipping this step and going straight to green card approvals/rejections...

May sound like a silly question, but I can't figure out how to update my signature...can anyone help?

May sound like a silly question, but I can't figure out how to update my signature...can anyone help?

Its pretty simple. Click on Settings on top of the page and then you have a to scroll down and on the left hand side under My Settings, click on Edit Signature and you can edit there.

remove conditions i-171 california

I would like advise from people who have already applied to have the conditions removed. I am preparing my file to send to them and just wondering if i have enough documents. If your were called in for an interview id like to no what you sent in for them to request the interview.
Also am i supposed to submit stuff from the first day we were married or just the last 2 years. We already submitted stuff in the first place and attended an interview, so im hoping we dont need to resubmit them as i dont have them!!! I only kept stuff for last two years!

Ive reached the two yr mark and am about to apply to remove the conditions on my gc. Will they ask to see the stuff i already submitted again? Or do i just send in new stuff for the last two years??

Ive reached the two yr mark and am about to apply to remove the conditions on my gc. Will they ask to see the stuff i already submitted again? Or do i just send in new stuff for the last two years??

I would like advise from people who have already applied to have the conditions removed. I am preparing my file to send to them and just wondering if i have enough documents. If your were called in for an interview id like to no what you sent in for them to request the interview.
Also am i supposed to submit stuff from the first day we were married or just the last 2 years. We already submitted stuff in the first place and attended an interview, so im hoping we dont need to resubmit them as i dont have them!!! I only kept stuff for last two years!

I read on this site before I mailed my forms in that someone was asked for documents dating back to their wedding day. If you only submit two years worth, the worst that will happen is they send you a RFE and you send more. If you have everything pulled out already, it doesn't hurt making some more copies. I included as much as I could back to my wedding date.

I listed what I sent on this thread: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?562285-I-751-Removal-of-Conditions-from-Green-Card-October-2013&p=2655241#post2655241

We actually submitted evidence spanning the whole relationship. We did include more about the last 2 years, but I have sent bank statements, pictures, and evidence of common residence for the years before we were married. I do not see how that can hurt your case. I read other people experience on the forum and from it it looks like it is better to send more. Even if you do not gen an RFE for more evidence, the extra evidence might make a decision in the case easier.

i finally sent my husband's form on Saturday, to the California Service Center..We have wasted a lot of time and sent our paperwork quite late...

Wow AnaMaria! Your I-751 process went by so quick! My case was transferred to California but dang! I still haven't heard anything for a while now :(

I am starting to see a pattern here, Vermont cases tend to slack off while CSC is lightning fast. Even if its been transferred, the fact that it came from Vermont is still slowing it down.. grrr!