I 751 questions

vega1x1

Registered Users (C)
I received two different receipt/application numbers on my NOA and on my BIO appointment letter. I went online and tried the NOA number and it does not show my case status but the BIO appointment number does. Is this normal? Secondly, do they update the case status online when they send you an interview letter? I am asking because when they mailed by BIO appointment letter they mailed it to the wrong apartment number. I was lucky that the guy was nice enough to bring it over. I filed an AR11 to confirm my address. But I just don't want to miss anything.....
thanks

As far as I know, I-751s cannot be tracked online. USCIS has an exclusive tracking system just for I-751s which is not available to the general public.

thanks for the reply triple citizen. I appreciate it. I am able to track the case with the application number on the Biometrics appointment letter. It shows that usual message:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On October 18, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I thought that was I 751 being tracked.......??? Am i missing something? Once again thanks for your reply

You mean if I am able to see the information I posted my case does not require an interview? I dont understand... please explain. What should I be looking for? An e-mail letter update saying the case is approved or I need an interview or on the number that gives me the message posted earlier?
Once again thanks for your replies

Part of the I-751 process involves issuing a GC for the applicant if approved. What you are seeing is the forked process steming from your I-751. Now if your I-751 requires an interview, you will not see that on the online status page. You will know about it only when you get an interview letter. Is it any clearer now?

Oh OK. Thank you for clarifying this. So if my case does not require an interview, I would see the page updated that I have been keeping an eye on. Am I correct? Secondly, is there a way to other than looking for mail for the interview call? As I mentioned earlier, I had my biometrics appointment letter sent to the wrong address. I filed an AR-11 to confirm/correct my address but I just want to make sure something like that does not happen again.

Part of the I-751 process involves issuing a GC for the applicant if approved. What you are seeing is the forked process steming from your I-751. Now if your I-751 requires an interview, you will not see that on the online status page. You will know about it only when you get an interview letter. Is it any clearer now?

So everybody received that online message showing "Current Status: Case received and pending." has been waived for an interview for sure??? :eek:

All we need to do is just to wait for the card to arrive?

It's been almost 2 months since I got my FP done, kinda worried if my application got any problem 'coz I noticed a lot of CSC applications got approved in 3 months.

No, that online message doesn't mean you will not have an interview. It just means your case is pending. If you have an interview, they will mail you a letter by regular mail.

You can call, but I doubt they will be able to tell you much. There are a lot of people that have been waiting for over 6 months, so relax.
When I got my extension letter, the same thing happened to me. They only put my last name on it, no first name, and half of my address, no apartment number at all. I have no idea how the postman new that it was for me. What can I say. They don't seem to care if you get it or not. Just pray that everything will be ok at the end.