i-751 marriage is failing...

lindakim

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am in the process of removing conditional residency permit. I have not filed my waiver yet. The 90 days has started and I must file before October 02,2009. My marriage is starting to fall apart. We married in good faith and everything was fine until at one point he has lost respect for me. I don't know what it is but My husband's (USC) verbal abuse is only getting worse and at the moment has gone too far. i don't have any evidence of physical abuse but he mentally abuses me with cuss words. Every time we argue the first words are "######" "whore" "slut" and I can't handle it anymore. I've been very patient with him and it seems as though it isn't working. He constantly threatens me by asking me to divorce him every time we argue. He only wants me to divorce him, but I never am willing to do it. It's just getting worse..He is not cheating as he is home everyday with me. We have never been apart and we've resided together this whole time. We spend too much time together. He works at the convenience of our home. He refuses to seek marriage counseling. I simply think we just have our differences in thoughts. After an arguement we forgive each other most of the times, but it ends up in another arguement. The arguement constantly gets worse and I"m almost at my limits of giving everything up. There hasn't been one day where we haven't gone without an arguement. I don't know what to do.
I seriously don't know if i can continue in a verbal abusive marriage only keeps getting worse.

1) Although divorce is my last option, is it better to file a divorce and then file for a waivered i-751 in my situation?

2) He is willing to sign the i-751 jointly, but I'm scared that if he did divorce me after i receive my PR it may look as fraudelent marriage which may be an issue when I plan to apply for Citizenship.

3) I would like to file as a battered spouse but I don't have enough evidence to prove it.

Would it be better to file jointly, battered spouse, or file a divorce and then file a waiver?

If i did file jointly, is there an interview?

I have sufficient evidence that we have been living together this whole time, we have bills and insurance under both our names as well as pictures and tax reports and affidavits from friends and families.

I need someone's advice.

A1: You should not be asking which I-751 is easier. One should pick the I-751 based on the current circumstances. Right now you are still married, so file a joint I-751. If you get divorced before it is adjudicated, then file a second I-751.

A2: You are putting the cart before the horse here.

A3: Do not worry about the amount of evidence. Are you truly battered?

1) Although divorce is my last option, is it better to file a divorce and then file for a waivered i-751 in my situation?

2) He is willing to sign the i-751 jointly, but I'm scared that if he did divorce me after i receive my PR it may look as fraudelent marriage which may be an issue when I plan to apply for Citizenship.

3) I would like to file as a battered spouse but I don't have enough evidence to prove it.

A1: You should not be asking which I-751 is easier. One should pick the I-751 based on the current circumstances. Right now you are still married, so file a joint I-751. If you get divorced before it is adjudicated, then file a second I-751.

A2: You are putting the cart before the horse here.

A3: Do not worry about the amount of evidence. Are you truly battered?

Apologize for the writing. I'm not really good with writing, what I meant was Which would be the better option for me? The process is quite difficult I'm still young. I don't know much about the law and how it works. Yes, right now I am still married and I'm just worried about the worst scenario that could happen. Therefore, I want to be prepared.
Yes, I feel that I am truly battered. It is almost everyday that I get called names. Anything that I do annoys him. For examples sometimes if i talk with a happy tone and I'm all excited he just says wow you are annoying and calls me stupid. If i say what? how come I'm stupid He just says shuttup. he doens't speak to me or try to talk to me if we talk he just interrupts me from speaking and if I don't listen he just shouts and calls me names.It just escalates as time goes by.