I-751 Filers / Case Update

File Location

Marmol13,

Do you know if someone from Dallas needs file his Form I-751 at TSC located Mesquite, TX, or he needs to file at Dallas District Office located 3010 North Stemmons Freeway?

Thank you very much for your attention,

I sent my I751 to the Texas Center and was received 9/28/07. No check cashed yet... From other posts, seems like California is VERY fast and Vermont relatively faster. Texas... slow.

Happy Ning,
I just replied on another thread, but will do again just in case: I'd recommend you file at the Mesquite address. I've never heard of the pilot program address - I'm in Florida. But the instructions only have the main service centers addresses, and the Mesquite is the one that corresponds to you, so I'd file there. If they deem necessary to forward to another center, as they're doing in some cases to help with paperwork load, they'll do so. But you'd want to get your app. to the right place to avoid delays. My opinion, anyways.:)

Any body knows who issues the Biometrics notices??? VSC or your local ASC??? Just Curious

Change in address temporarily

I plan to submit my I-751 in a day or two. But I have an issue with the address and the center I should file. My address is in minneapolis so the center to file is Nevada. But I will be staying in Puerto Rico for a short term assignment through my job until the end of the year and so the center to file is New york. Anyone have any idea which center I should file? Does it matter?

k11101979,
Take into consideration that the process takes months. If someone back in MN can check your mail and let you know re:biometrics appt., etc., you should file with NV. However, if you plan on being in PR for a long time, 3 months or more, you should file NY but give your PR address so you can go to biometrics there, get all mail (hopefully), etc. That's my 2 cents. Let's see what others say. Good luck!

TSC is so slow

Marmol13,

I can't believe it took more than 3 weeks to get check cashed. TSC is really slow :confused: Anyway, it is still moving .. It seems to me that applicants filed to TSC are more likely to be transfered to California.

I guess you will received your NOA soon, please keep informed. I will file my package to TSC tomorrow, and I will see how long my check will be cleared.

I am going to post my Timeline once I filing .. :p

Yes, Texas and Nevada seem to transfer to California randomly. I see most California timelines are 3 or 4 months long max, so I'm excited to see the CA stamp on the back of the check. Hopefully, that's what it means. Will keep you posted -- most def!

k11101979,
Take into consideration that the process takes months. If someone back in MN can check your mail and let you know re:biometrics appt., etc., you should file with NV. However, if you plan on being in PR for a long time, 3 months or more, you should file NY but give your PR address so you can go to biometrics there, get all mail (hopefully), etc. That's my 2 cents. Let's see what others say. Good luck!

I totally agree with Marmol13. If you have some body i MN who can check your mail, file @ Nevada as it will be faster and safe way to go. Most of the time, as i read in these blogs, when you change the SC, it delay the process.
[i am not an expert, its just my opinion]

I mailed my I-751 on September 21, 2007 (VSC). They recieved on 26th september, Check Cashed on 28 Septemeber. I recieved NOA Yesterday October 9th 2007 Dated October 4th.

I was sure that i missed my biometrics appointment (matching dates over here) so i called 1-800 number (almost 15 times in 10 days) and no help. Made info Pass for today, went to Distric Office, they gave me biometrics notice for Sometime in November, but on my request they captured my Biometrics today (October 29, 2007) :)

I am finally DONE! This was a pain in the butt!!!!
This is my timeline.....

07/19/07 - I-751 received @ California center (transfered from Nebraska)
07/27/07 - Check cashed
08/27/07 - Biometrics appt notice
** by the way, never received the extension letter. Had to go to local office to get a stamp...... gggrrrrrr**
09/19/07 - Biometrics taken
10/26/07 - Email notification saying the card was in production. Should receive the card in 30 days.... blah blah blah...
10/29/07 - card received in mail.

Honestly, that was pretty fast...........

I still have my old gc... I heard that you have to send it back... is that true?!

Congrats! That was quick.
I already did my fingerprint but never received the NOA extending the card for one year. Hopefully, mine will that quick.

09/15/07 : Mailed application
09/17/07 : Application received
10/11/07 : Fingerprint taken:
10/12/07 : Touched
10/15/07 : Touched

I am preparing the "package" to submit my 751 application. Did you guys get "affidavits" from friends notarized?

Congrats Shiznit,

Looks like it took Shiznit about 40 days from bio to get the approval email. I'm at three weeks past bio....so maybe by end of Nov I hope I get mine as well.

Thanks a lot kbf and marmol13. I filed it to NV. I have requested a change in mail service with USPS from minnesota to PR for the time being so I still receive all the mail from minn to PR. Thanks for the advice!

We filed at Nebraska Service Center December 06, still waiting. Had biometric appointment Jan of 07. Recieved letter requesting marriage license on September 15th 2007, September 27th got letter stating they were moving our case to the Local office. Local meaning 2hours away. Still waiting to hear from the local office to set up interview to prove what all the information I already sent should have proven, that the marriage was entered to in good faith. -
I sent in a copy of the deed to our house with both names on it,
we sent 401k paperwork showing hubby as beneficiary on all my stuff
we sent in insurance information for health showing both names covered under his policy at work
we sent in pictures from vacations in vegas, NC, Sc, Grand Canyon, photos of us at NFL and NHL games
We sent in marriage certificate
we sent in bank statements and tax returns with both names on it
AND WE STILL HAVE TO GO FOR AN INTERVIEW..
almost a year and STILL WAITING..

Last edited by a moderator:
We filed at Nebraska Service Center December 06, still waiting. Had biometric appointment Jan of 07.

Any idea why the delays? Were there any complications with the case that might have caused them to schedule an interview for removal of conditions?