I-730 waiting for assignment to an officer, how long can that be?

colocolo

Registered Users (C)
After several inquiries to Nebraska Service Center, I receive a notice that my son's I-730 is waiting for assignment to an officer. I would like to know how long this wait can be. Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Additional Ino:

Receipt Notice: may 2006
Bio Code 2: July 2006
Bio Code 1: January 2007
Waiting for assignment : Avril 2008
Bio Code 1: May 2008

How long the waiting time to an immigration officer can be?​

After several inquiries to Nebraska Service Center, I receive a notice that my son's I-730 is waiting for assignment to an officer. I would like to know how long this wait can be. Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Additional Ino:

Receipt Notice: :eek:
Bio Code 2: July 2006
Bio Code 1: January 2007
Waiting for assignment : Avril 2008
Bio Code 1: May 2008

How long the waiting time to an immigration officer can be?​

wow! My dad applied for me in May 2007. Does it mean I'll have to wait for another year?! :confused:

The.Walker,

They may process your case within the normal processing times. Every situation is unique.

Good luck!

It's hard to believe that its been over a year since my case was filed, and 9 months since my biometrics was taken. USCIS' processing time shows them currently processing the applications that they received back in November of 2006... still 8-9 months at the very least it seems. Texas Service Center, on the other hand is processing the cases that they received last April!

Good luck w/ your son's case.

Last edited by a moderator:
My International school adviser told me that she received a mail from USCIS last week and they want some additional documents now ( such as my bank statements and my father's statement ). Absolutely ridiculous. I mean come on. I applied for economic authorization under economic hardship so every sane person would understand that my father filing for asylum here in the United States has resulted in my sponsor ( my father ) being unable to support my college tuition.

Like I mentioned before, I got my first EAD card after I mentioned my father's pending asylum case. I got denied when I applied for renewal back in December and now this.

On a different note, my case status hadn't changed at all after September 2007 ( I went in for biometrics in September ) but I just noticed that there's a change in date. The latest date is 07/13/2008. I have no clue on what this is supposed to mean. Also, based on what I've read in here so far, there's no point calling them either because all they're going to do is tell me that the online status was last updated on 07/13.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and extremely hopeful that I'll be hearing from them within a month or so.

Good luck with your son's case, again.

The.Walker,

A good option will be to contact your local Senator. You can explain him the situation and he may be able to contact USCIS on your behalf.

According to the USCIS website, their recent processing time at NSC shows that they're currently going through the applications that they received in January 1,2007 https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC( they had the same date a month back so it didn't change by a single day ). Do you think contacting my local senator would help? I'm curious because I feel that it'd be similar to a request to expedite my application considering the fact that my application was filed on May 2007.

On a different note, Texas Service Center's processing time shows that they're going through the applications that they received in August of 2007.

The.Walker,

It is a free consultation. You don't have to pay the case worker. If they can't help, they will tell you.

It will be a good approach to wait for the decision on your EAD application before contacting them.

Colocolo,

I live in a different state while my father lives in California. How do I contact my senator and what state's senator should I contact? Should I contact him or should my father contact him? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Btw, I just checked my brother and mother's case status and I found out that their cases were last updated on July 27.

So as it stands, my last case status was updated on July 13 while my mother and brother's case status were updated yesterday.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, optimistically.

The.Walker,

You better contact the Congressman of your state of residency. If he/she cannot help you, he/she will refer you to another congressman.

Which address the USCIS has on file for your I-730 application?

They have my current state's address on file.

I was wondering if you could be more specific on how to contact the Congressman, as in how to address my issue and such.

All of them have a website where you can download the forms to require assistance and give them the authorization to contact USCIS on your behalf.

You should also specify your conditions as a student college who is waiting for the decision on this I-730 application to move forward.

You can use Google to find quickly the name and the website of your congressman.

Good luck!

Looks like the petitions for beneficiaries overseas are much faster. A friend filed I730 for his wife (in China) this March and was approved this June (TSC).

colocolo,

Is any change in the LUD? I did try to get the latest status of my son's I-730 through e mail, but no reply yet. What is latest info at your end? Still waiting assignment to an officer.

Thanks

chang1428,

As of now, no update in the LUD.

I called the 800 number, the lady just read the notice that I already have. When I asked what "waiting assignment to an officer" means, she told me that it's the final step. When I insisted to talk to a supervisor or the officer who handles my case, she refused.

For my next call, I will do everything that I can to convince the customer service representative to transfer me to the officer or supervisor who can give me specific information on my case. This delay is unacceptable.