I-693 requirement waiver or postponement

arun2681

Registered Users (C)
Dear experts,

I sponsored my dad for his green card. Unfortunately, he fell sick due to long-term covid and is recovering from a long-term rehab facility. The USCIS is processing his I-485 application and has requested an updated I-693 medical form before Aug 28, 2023. He is not in a position to visit a civil surgeon. We checked with the hospital whether a civil surgeon can visit him in the hospital in order to complete the paperwork. However, it appears to be not possible.

Would it be possible to request USCIS to waive this requirement or at-least postpone the deadline for this requirement by 3 months. Would fixing an appointment with an USCIS field office be a good idea so we can obtain documentation for this purpose. My mom and I would go there on his behalf. Could this affect his GC application where the USCIS may think "hey, he may-not be a good candidate for GC, because of his health reasons". Ideally, we would like to figure out a way to fill out the form and send to USCIS, but we are really running out of time. He did fill out the I-693 in Sep 2016, when he was healthy.

Thanks & Regards,