I-693 Medical Exam Question

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
I will appreciate if members can share I-693 (medical exam) experience. I am specifically interested to find out how much time usually lapses from the day medical exam is performed by the doctor and the day medical report is handed to us so we can submit it to the USCIS.

Regards,

=====================================
Asylum Approved : 12/97
ND: 3/99
RFI: I-602/G-325-A - 7/2003
I had one of the early I-602 in this forum
RFI: Submitted 9/2003
I-485 Approved : Nov 2003
GC - Recieved : Aug 2004 (It was accurately backdated one year from the approval date)

it usually takes two days

when you go to the MD make sure you have vaccine record if you have it handy that way you can avoid getting vaccinated for the second time.
if you had tetanus received in the last five years they won't ask you to do it again. ABOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS, IT IS JUST A WAY FOR THEM TO TAKE YOU MONEY, I CAN EXAMINE YOU THAT WAY. BASICALY YOU WALK IN ,THEY ASK YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY DESEASES, AND IF YOU HAVE YOUR MEDICAL RECORD, AND DRAW BLOOD. THAN THEY TAKE YOU TO A ROOM AND "CHECK" YOUR HEART AND LUNGS. AFTER THAT THEY WILL GIVE YOU A PPD TEST WHICH LOOKS LIKE A VACCINE, BUT IT'S NOT. IF IT RESULTS WITH A REACTION LARGER THAT 12MM THAN THEY WILL ASK YOU TO TAKE X-RAY OF YOU CHEST(THEY USUALLY HAVE THEM ON THE LOCATION) AND YOU PAY EXTRA $50. THAY TELL YOU TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY OR THE DAY AFTER FOR YOUR RESULTS, AND THAN IS WHEN THEY ADMINISTER THE VACCINES IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEM, OR IF YOU DONN'T HAVE THE RECORD.