I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

I dont know why they did not adjudicate my case. I was told by Imm officer after using POJ method that our files are in in adjudication section waiting to be assigned to an adjudicator, while at other times when I tried to confrim this info given by one officer others told me that nothing has been done on your case, so I should wait.

I dont know whom to believe.
ANyway thanks I think I must wait. I have already posted a letter to them mentioning all this, lets see what happens or sel I will keep on bothering them. Thanks boss.

mogambo1! everybody is BOSS :)

You give a call once in two weeks and ask them. difficult to predict how long it will take for them to hand in your case to the officer (from their wordings..).

there is no transparent processing.

The TSC reps always give BS....but the fact that reps said...it's in adjudication section...I am sure somebody is looking at it....the 485 approval may be on the way....

For my 485, they kept saying it's with immigration officer for review for almost 2 months, after I responded to RFE....But, finally for me the approval came through!

Hi Experts.

Applied for 485 in Dec 2006. Mine and my child already received GC on Jan 2007. Wife's 485 is still pending. Last LUD was Jan 30, 2007.

I have no idea what to do? She disparately needs to visit her parents. Please educate me with some lights from my darkness.

Hi old friend,

do you have advance parole (I-131) ? if you do not have you apply for that? you might get with in about 3 months. Yes it takes time nowadays.

Hope this helps.

Madgu-gc, can you move this thread to the main forums , where readers from other service centers can also participate. I think there are many people in this category . I am also stuck in namecheck since june 06 . My spouse and children got approved in April 07.

That's a good idea, but I believe only the moderators have that ability. We can ask them to do so if it's okay with madgu-gc.

Madgu-gc, can you move this thread to the main forums , where readers from other service centers can also participate. I think there are many people in this category . I am also stuck in namecheck since june 06 . My spouse and children got approved in April 07.

Hi leoraj and geofu54,

Actually I started this thread in TSC forum (485 issues) because the processing style of TSC and NSC is always different and they are not comparable.

what was the FP code that your wife did on May 5, 2007? why 6 months? is there any written guidelines? it may be applicable if your date is not current. Better let your attorney contact the service center. You ask your attorney to call them once in 2-3 weeks.

nothing has happened in my spouse case.

The derivative is my husband- can happen sometimes you know;) I do not know why we are asked to wait 6 months or about any written guidelines. My approval is in both NIW and EB1/EA category, so I assume PD should not be an issue. Our attorney will only intervene if we pay him another 4K, so we are fending for ourselves for now.
Like I said, waiting for a response from attorney's office right now.

The derivative is my husband- can happen sometimes you know;) I do not know why we are asked to wait 6 months or about any written guidelines. My approval is in both NIW and EB1/EA category, so I assume PD should not be an issue. Our attorney will only intervene if we pay him another 4K, so we are fending for ourselves for now.
Like I said, waiting for a response from attorney's office right now.

Paying to your attorney another 4K just to intervene?? wow!! they really make money and encash our situation.

My spouse file is at VSC as per online status but when my attorney called VSC the officer has told that the file has already been transferred to TSC and her computer shows that the file is at TSC. TSC folks are saying that the file is at VSC. I do not know what to do? I am quite confused.

Paying to your attorney another 4K just to intervene?? wow!! they really make money and encash our situation.

My spouse file is at VSC as per online status but when my attorney called VSC the officer has told that the file has already been transferred to TSC and her computer shows that the file is at TSC. TSC folks are saying that the file is at VSC. I do not know what to do? I am quite confused.

I agree. All very confusing, and no real answers. We are just waiting and watching for now, at till the senator's office returns with an answer

count me in. geofu54 pointed me to this thread when I (unknowingly) started a new thread (Spouse Derivate's 485) for this issue under ImmigrationPortal Forums > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues - http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=252243

EB3 India. NSC. PD: 05/02/2002 RD: 12/2004 AD: 06/04/2007 Became current on 06/01/2007
Filed 485s together but still waiting on spouse derivate's AOS.
Has anyone heard of a case where spouse derivative's 485 was approved within a week of approving primary applicant? Wishful thinking? ;)
The fact that spouse's approval was not done along with mine indicates something really bad :( Probably name check. If it was something else we would have gotten a RFE by now right? There was no LUD after 08/2006 on her application (that's when we responded to DOB/Parentage RFE).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club...

As far as I can remember, there were one or two cases a couple of months ago where the derivatives (spouses) got approved just a few weeks after the primaries. Else it seems derivatives who did not get approved at the same time tend to have more than a few months wait.

The biggest part of it is in most (but not all) of such cases derivatives did not get approved probably due to NC. So no wonder they tend to wait long after the primaries approvals. Do you know your wife's NC status?

count me in. geofu54 pointed me to this thread when I (unknowingly) started a new thread (Spouse Derivate's 485) for this issue under ImmigrationPortal Forums > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues - http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=252243

EB3 India. NSC. PD: 05/02/2002 RD: 12/2004 AD: 06/04/2007 Became current on 06/01/2007
Filed 485s together but still waiting on spouse derivate's AOS.
Has anyone heard of a case where spouse derivative's 485 was approved within a week of approving primary applicant? Wishful thinking? ;)
The fact that spouse's approval was not done along with mine indicates something really bad :( Probably name check. If it was something else we would have gotten a RFE by now right? There was no LUD after 08/2006 on her application (that's when we responded to DOB/Parentage RFE).

Thanks

As far as I can remember, there were one or two cases a couple of months ago where the derivatives (spouses) got approved just a few weeks after the primaries. Else it seems derivatives who did not get approved at the same time tend to have more than a few months wait.

The biggest part of it is in most (but not all) of such cases derivatives did not get approved probably due to NC. So no wonder they tend to wait long after the primaries approvals. Do you know your wife's NC status?

We do not know if my wife's NC is cleared yet. She might get an Infopass appointment next week to enquire about that. Please let us know if there is anything else that can be done to find out (reliably).

My approval came on June 1st.
Derivative (Wife) still waiting. Her 2nd FP is pending. Called USCIS and initiated a service request.
Does anyone know if they assign a visa number to the derivative when the main applicant is approved? Otherwise, if retrogression happens again we are all screwed...

EB3 Ind
PD 12/2002
485 April 2004
VSC to TSC
AC21 Sep 2006

At this point, infopass is probably the most reliable way. Calling by POJ may be another, but my spouse had problems reaching an IO at TSC today, and a few others seemed to as well. You might need to try several times, but calling at this time (when a lot of cases are getting approved) may be just waste of time.

gb04 posted the other day how to directly call FBI and ask. Here's his post and here's his instruction.

We do not know if my wife's NC is cleared yet. She might get an Infopass appointment next week to enquire about that. Please let us know if there is anything else that can be done to find out (reliably).

I don't believe she has a visa number now. Her I-485 is her own, and applying as a derivative only means that her application eligibility rests on you the primary applicant. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully it may help that you initiated a service request. Any idea about her NC status?

My approval came on June 1st.
Derivative (Wife) still waiting. Her 2nd FP is pending. Called USCIS and initiated a service request.
Does anyone know if they assign a visa number to the derivative when the main applicant is approved? Otherwise, if retrogression happens again we are all screwed...

EB3 Ind
PD 12/2002
485 April 2004
VSC to TSC
AC21 Sep 2006

don't believe she has a visa number now. Her I-485 is her own, and applying as a derivative only means that her application eligibility rests on you the primary applicant. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully it may help that you initiated a service request. Any idea about her NC status?
I dont know. When we called, the agent declined to answer about that.

At this point, infopass is probably the most reliable way. Calling by POJ may be another, but my spouse had problems reaching an IO at TSC today, and a few others seemed to as well. You might need to try several times, but calling at this time (when a lot of cases are getting approved) may be just waste of time.

gb04 posted the other day how to directly call FBI and ask. Here's his post and here's his instruction.

My spouse just called the FBI according to instructions. All they told him was that his FP results were sent back to USCIS on May 14th (there has not been any LUDs though). The agent said name check id done by another department and they dont speak to the public.

I am also in this boat now. Waiting for spouse GC.
Thanks geo for ans in other forum.

After the Primary get approved, the spouse will have to undergo 2 FP's or just 1? Also a Name Check?
Also assuming PD current, can it generally be aproxximated to take 2-6 months?

Thanks
Mohit
-------------
EB3(VSC), India/PD - Sep 2002
May 31, 2007 - Spouse I485 sent
June 4, 2007 - My I-485 Approved
-------------

Infopass for Spouse's pending 485

Just got back from Infopass appointment and the officer confirmed that it is stuck in name check.

If anyone has ideas on anything that can be done so that name check can be completed before dates retrogress again, please share :)

Thanks

Spouse's 485 RD: 12/2004
AD: Still waiting
EB3. India. NSC.