I-485 update

petertherock77

Registered Users (C)
I received a notice via email on 2/5 that my case has been transfered to the National Benefits Center to conduct an interview which is a standard part of I-485 processing. What does this mean? I was thinking my case is supposed to be sent to Calif. where I live or sent to the L.A office? Is it a good or bad sign? The notice says:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On February 5, 2008, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location.

My case was at TSC. I spoke to an IO who helped me contact them on 1/4 and they told him that the case is currently at thier litigation dept and they would review it again today. Then this morning I received a notice via email that the case has been transfered to NBC for interview.

My case was been reviewed for Material Support Bar. On 11/5 they mailed me an NOID stating that I should submit additional evidence and a statement or any group/associations that I ever belong since my 16th birthday. I did submit all the requested information.

Please forum does anyone have an idea or experience with this kind of situation.

Thanks forum...

I received a notice via email on 2/5 that my case has been transfered to the National Benefits Center to conduct an interview which is a standard part of I-485 processing. What does this mean? I was thinking my case is supposed to be sent to Calif. where I live or sent to the L.A office? Is it a good or bad sign? The notice says:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On February 5, 2008, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location.

My case was at TSC. I spoke to an IO who helped me contact them on 1/4 and they told him that the case is currently at thier litigation dept and they would review it again today. Then this morning I received a notice via email that the case has been transfered to NBC for interview.

My case was been reviewed for Material Support Bar. On 11/5 they mailed me an NOID stating that I should submit additional evidence and a statement or any group/associations that I ever belong since my 16th birthday. I did submit all the requested information.

Please forum does anyone have an idea or experience with this kind of situation.

Thanks forum...

Is your case asylum based? If it is, then you may need to be interviewed because of the complexity of the situation that you stated. This is standard.

Petertherock77
The government made significant proposals in regards to "Material Support" solutions. USCIS issued a Memo for waiver. Reason why your case was transferred to the Benefit Center (USCIS HQ) for review.
You will soon receive a notice for interview, since all your security checks are cleared. You will be fine. Just made sure that the Material Support occured under Duress.
Best Luck

I-485

Just found out that my case is now at the local office for further processing. How long does it usually take field offices to schedule an interview? When a notice is sent from the local office for an interview, how many days or weeks will it be scheduled for?

In addition, is it true that my case wouldn't have been transfered to the field office if security checks were not cleared. An officer told me over the phone that my case is sent for further investigation. How true is this assertion? Is an interview considered an investigation. He also mentioned that it is common when someone filing for an I-485 changes address often.

Pete

Did you receive any other message besides that your case is transferred for an interview? I got an e-mail last Monday stating that my I-485 has been tansferred to NBC to speed up processing with no mention of an interview.

I asked my lawyer and he told me that it is not always you get an interview if the case is transferred to NBC. Any thoughts?

Yes. Your lawyer is right, you don't always get an interview if your case is moved to the NBC. The case can be moved so that NBC could consolidate your A-file together and send back to the adjudicator. It depends on a case-by-case basis and the adjudicating officer's request.

How long have you been waiting for your I-485 adjustment?

Pete
My signature below has all the info. Incidentally, they transferred both mine as well as my wife (she is derivative) together on the same day (Feb 11). if you go by timeline at NSC, they are actually processing I-485 of the receipt date similar to ours. We have called NSC last month to inquire and they have told us that both out NC/BC are clear for me as well as my wife. That's why I am wondering if the transfer to NBC is just to consolidate the application for adjudication.

-------------------
NSC
EB1B I-140
Filed: Dec '06
Approved: May '07
RFE: None
Processing: Regular

NSC
I-485
Filed: June 28 '07
Receipt: June 29 '07
Notice: July 24 '07