I-485 transferred to Asylum office!!!!!

egragjevi

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. File transferred from Nebraska to Chicago asylum office. Anyone in this situation where the file has been transferred to the ASYLUM office not the local USCIS office? Please post below if your file is transferred to local ASYLUM office.
Thanks,

I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. File transferred from Nebraska to Chicago asylum office. Anyone in this situation where the file has been transferred to the ASYLUM office not the local USCIS office? Please post below if your file is transferred to local ASYLUM office.
Thanks,

post your details....not a good sign...though

Asylum approved in 2002. Applied for GC in 2003. Had 2 medical exams and 2 fingerprints done. Sept 2006 file transfered to the Chicago asylum office. I wrote the office and told me the file is there under review.
Contacted local congressmen. They made numerous inquiries with that office but chicago asylum office is not responding back. Last week I was told the congressmen's secretary that deals with immigration problems will call the asylum office to inquire about this case.
Contacted a lawyer.....answer is under background investigations. Got money but no specific answers.
Contacted ombudsman by filing for DHS 7001. Couple of months after I received a letter saying some cases may take longer that others. That's it!
Any one has any input in this case is greatly appreciated. Thanks

egragjevi...

Hi there,

I applied for I-485 in 2005 based on asylum and my case has been transferred from TSC to NSC back to TSC (not asylum office)and is still pending additional security checks.My fbi name check and fingerprint check have both been cleared according to my congresswoman's office, but still have to go through some more checks. I am from Iraq so I am sure my file goes through quite intense scrutiny, eventhough I never had a problem with the law in the US.This is the price you pay for being a male from the middle east for me i guess. My fingerprints are valid until September and I have only done a medical exam once so far. Where are you from if I may ask?