I-485 RFE – Typo error in the response letter

r_vr

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My wife got RFE for maintaining legal status in I-485. I have sent all the documents to my lawyer. He sent the response to USCIS on 10/24/05. Online status has changed on 10/26/05.

My lawyer sent me the copies of the RFE reply yesterday. I found that there are couple of typo error in the response letter (like annexure number wrong, year is wrong in the date, Spelling mistake in the last name, etc…).

When I called my lawyer, he told me that we can send letter as a supplemental commentary to USCIS. He is sending this today by overnight.

He is not going to send any additional evidence to USCIS. This is only for typo error.

My question is:
1. Does USCIS accept this supplemental commentary document?
2. Is there any one come across this type situation? What did you do?
3. Do I have to call USCIS? What number do I have to call?

Please help me.

Thanks,
rvr

It is believed that usually USCIS do have tolrance policy in these typo and specialy when Attorney makes and correct.

So don't worry, just keep followup with ur attorney make sure he sends it and get proof of sending. ask him to give copy of correction letter and receipt of certified mail he sent.

Always make copy and file them all in ur record of every docs U/ur Att send/receive. Never hesitate to ask, its ur file and u should have these all including all orginal approval/receipts ur attorney put thier file.

Good Luck