I-485 question

JohnThomas82

Registered Users (C)
I am in 8th year of H-1B, with I-140 approved year and I-485 pending with TSC. My H-1B expires in March 2011.

In reading other posts and forums, I came to know that H-1B extension beyond 6-year is not possible, should the I-485 gets denied. This appears to be regardless of approval of I-140. Supposing the I-485 gets denied for even a simple reason such as a typographical error in the application, does that mean that H-1B cannot be extended? Is the alien supposed to leave immediately as the underlying H-1B is also invalid in that case?

If I was smart enough, I would have taken copies of I-485, G-325A before submitting to the USCIS. Obviously I am not and thus the cause for this concern.

If there are typographical errors in I-485, would TSC give an opportunity for the alien to send a correction via a medium such as RFE response?

Best wishes to everyone.

It is possible to extend h1 if I485 gets denied for technical reason like typo mistake or document missing you can apply MTR/Appeal and can apply for extension.

Thank you. With regards to the I-485 itself, for such technical errors, would TSC give an opportunity for the alien to send a correction via a medium such as RFE response?