I-485 question

minxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I need some advice regarding Part 3 of application I-485. Question 1b is as follows:

"Have you ever, in or outside the United States, been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excludingtraffic
violations?"

A couple of years ago, I broke an employment contract with my ex-employer and had to pay a penalty after the case was settled out of court through mediation. What should my answer in this case be?

Arrest Record

Hi,
I am currently planning to file my I-140 and I-485 with the dates being current. My wife was arrested for some violations in a mall and appeared in the court and the records were expunged after a year. This happened a couple of years ago. Now I am planning to file her I-485 along with me. Will there be any problem for her in getting her GC approved? I do have the court dispostion records with me. Will they be sufficient or do I need to get any additional documents? Please suggest.

Hi,
I need some advice regarding Part 3 of application I-485. Question 1b is as follows:

"Have you ever, in or outside the United States, been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excludingtraffic
violations?"

A couple of years ago, I broke an employment contract with my ex-employer and had to pay a penalty after the case was settled out of court through mediation. What should my answer in this case be?
If anyone is in the same boat as I, you have nothing to worry about. I talked to my lawyer and the answer to that question is 'NO'. Unless you commited a criminal, not civil offense, you should be fine.