I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

passport stamp received today

Me and my wife had our interview on Oct. 22. The immigration officer was very courteous and friendly. She called us sharp at our appt. time at 9:00 am. She asked for the usual documents - letter of employment, past 4 paystubs, past 3 years tax returns etc. (did not ask for the medical) She took our signatures and index finger prints on the form and told us that all the paperwork was completed for the approval. I was all anxious for "the moment" but.....she mentioned that the original I-140 approval was probably at the Natl. Visa Center in St. Louis since I had opted for CP on my I-140 form and that it would take anywhere from 4 days to 4 mos. to get it back to the office. She mentioned that once she received the I-140, then she would approve the case and call us for passport stamping. We went to the interview with great expectations but came back dejected.

Fortunately I received the I485 approval notices for me and my wife on 19th Nov. and got the passport stamped today. FINALLY the process is over. Now just the last wait for the plastic card.

Congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom!

imm2000 said:
Me and my wife had our interview on Oct. 22. The immigration officer was very courteous and friendly. She called us sharp at our appt. time at 9:00 am. She asked for the usual documents - letter of employment, past 4 paystubs, past 3 years tax returns etc. (did not ask for the medical) She took our signatures and index finger prints on the form and told us that all the paperwork was completed for the approval. I was all anxious for "the moment" but.....she mentioned that the original I-140 approval was probably at the Natl. Visa Center in St. Louis since I had opted for CP on my I-140 form and that it would take anywhere from 4 days to 4 mos. to get it back to the office. She mentioned that once she received the I-140, then she would approve the case and call us for passport stamping. We went to the interview with great expectations but came back dejected.

Fortunately I received the I485 approval notices for me and my wife on 19th Nov. and got the passport stamped today. FINALLY the process is over. Now just the last wait for the plastic card.

imm2000,

Thanks a lot for sharing your interview experience and congratulations for your approval. I hope you enjoy your freedom from now on.

I Just have a quick question and appreciate your answer: Does the "letter of employment" must be issued and signed by your current "boss" - your direct supervisor or it can be issued and signed by your current employer - the human resource of the company or university?

Thanks a lot!

dgandhari,

Did you receive "Welcom Notice" from texas service center?
My wife and daughter received welcom notice and plastic card but I and my son didn't receive it yet although we all stamped on Oct. 19 at the same time.

dgandhari said:
I got my Plastic Card today in the mail.

soyiyte said:
imm2000,

Thanks a lot for sharing your interview experience and congratulations for your approval. I hope you enjoy your freedom from now on.

I Just have a quick question and appreciate your answer: Does the "letter of employment" must be issued and signed by your current "boss" - your direct supervisor or it can be issued and signed by your current employer - the human resource of the company or university?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks !
I got my letter of employment from our HR. But I guess it can be from anybody who is authorized to issue an employment letter - I guess that includes your boss. All BCIS cares about is that the letter is on a company letterhead and signed in original with the signing person's contact info. clearly provided. Hope this helps. Good Luck to you all still waiting. I think Houston center is getting pretty efficient in clearing the cases. And lastly, thank you all for contributing to this forum.

My I-485 and I-140 were sent concurrently. My I-140 is already approved. Would they still require tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter etc, when it comes time for an interview? Mind you, these are documents that have already been submitted with my applications.

Freedomtome,

Yes, we did.
me, my son and my husband got our welcome notice and we were thinking to take infopass appointment to get our passport stamped, but we received our cards in mail in the same week, so we did not stamped out passports.

InfoPass Appt

Can anyone share their success story for getting an InfoPass appt at the Houston office.
My wife's case is stuck at DC local office and now we live in Houston.
I want to get it transferred to Houston local office.
Any suggestions.

Late last night, just before I went to sleep , i tried for Infopass appt.
I didn't have much hope of getting an appt but instead found appts for
all day Jan 3rd.
Also I found an appt available for Dec 20th today at 8 am.
I immediately went for it and went to the Houston D.O. this morn.
The lady officer at window no 9, gave a sympathetic hearing and said She would be e-mailing the Service center for my wife's case to be transferred back to TX. In fact it seemed like she typed the mail right in front of me and before we left, she told me I can ask for feedback on this in 6-8 weeks time.
By 8.30 I was back on beltway 8.

Do note - They don't let cell phones with camera In. I had to go back and drop my cell phone in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
question Goastroas

How do u get an infopass for January? I tried infopass so many times and it only allows me to pick up an appointment for the current month.

Thanks,
Spartakus

spartakus said:
How do u get an infopass for January? I tried infopass so many times and it only allows me to pick up an appointment for the current month.

Thanks,
Spartakus
spartakus, what dates are you getting the appointments for?
I was getting for Jan 3rd on sunday night, 11.35 pm CST.
Maybe they must have already booked from Jan 3rd to Jan 9th.

try in the evenings between 5 & 6 pm or at nights after 11 pm.

If you desparately need an appointment, i noticed few guys standing across the street. They might be there to sell you an appointment. i know that sucks but at least now you & others know that it is a available option.

Hi Goastros

Thanks for the reply. I am in the Charlotte, NC office so it may be different from Huoston. I tried also last month and they only display for one month (The current month).

regards,
Spartakus

Since longtimers like soyiyte, dome etc have got approvals, I was wondering
Who all here are waiting after Transfer to Houston local office and what are their transfer dates.

In our case, My wife's case was xferred to DC on 7/7/04 and we are hoping it moves to Houston or to TSC since we now live again in houston.

Anyone else waiting with their cases at Houston Local offices ?
I just learnt from the rep from TSC that my wife's file was rec'd at Houston office yesterday.

transfer to local houston office

My online message stated that my case just got transferred to the local Houston office yesterday.
Do I need to make infopass appt to go and inquire and confirm that the file got transferred ok. What is the process one has to go through now? Just wait till we get a notice from INS?

MeAndMyGC said:
My online message stated that my case just got transferred to the local Houston office yesterday.
Do I need to make infopass appt to go and inquire and confirm that the file got transferred ok. What is the process one has to go through now? Just wait till we get a notice from INS?

If your case just got transferred yesterday, then it takes few days after houston local office to actually recieve the file. Some where I have read upto 45 days.
But you can always be proactive and take a Infopass appt now. If you do it today or so you can get a appt between Jan 11-13th.
No harm in going over there to check if your case has arrived at houston local office.

got my inerview notice

After a year of waiting, I finally got my internview noice. The appt is mid-March.

The interview notice mentioned I-693 the medical form, Do we have to take the exam again since it was taken more than three years ago?

FFIDX

My ND Nov. 01
TD: March 04

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for last 3 months

My file was tranferred to Houston office on 4 oct. 04 .
It has been more than 3 months , we are still waiting for the interview .
Can anyone let me know how much time do we have wait ?

This wait never ends !!!!

I140 - Approved
EAD - approved - twice
AP - Approved
Ap 2nd - Pending - Already transfered
Spose EAD - Still pending