I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

freedomtome,

Congratulations! Enjoy your free life! Can you tell which officer is on your case? and what kind of questions he (she) has asked? When did you receive the interview notice, to you or your lawyer? Thanks!

Congratulations and one question please

Congratulations to you and your family. Did you know why you had the interview in the first place or they just wanted to see you in person?

Thanks,
Spartakus

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally we got it…

Congratulations freedomtome,

We got our approval letter in mail after 20 days after the interview.

Interview experience.

Our interview is at 10.00am. We reached on time but they didn’t call us in till 12.30. The officer looked at our paperwork she took all out I-94’s and took the index finger print asked some simple questions and said my case has some discrepancy so she need time to review the case and she is going to mail the decision.

After 20days of wait today we got our approval.

Thanks to all

Again my best wishes to each and everyone in this forum.

soyiyte,

Thanks yours and I'm sorry I don't know the name of officer. My lawyer said that he is a new officer. He asked personel questions first and then several job related questions such as job description, number of employees etc.
I received interview notice (20 days before) when I was out of town for business trip as well as my lawyer at the same time.

Good luck to you.

soyiyte said:
freedomtome,

Congratulations! Enjoy your free life! Can you tell which officer is on your case? and what kind of questions he (she) has asked? When did you receive the interview notice, to you or your lawyer? Thanks!

spartakus,

Thanks yours and I knew only that TSC transfered my case to the Houston district for speed up and local office always needs interview before approval.

Good Luck.

spartakus said:
Congratulations to you and your family. Did you know why you had the interview in the first place or they just wanted to see you in person?

Thanks,
Spartakus

You too dgandhari. I hope you have good life after approval. Immigration officer informed me that I may receive plastic green card 3-6 month later but actually my college received it 1 month later. Do you have any ideas how long does it take?

dgandhari said:
Congratulations freedomtome,

We got our approval letter in mail after 20 days after the interview.

Interview experience.

Our interview is at 10.00am. We reached on time but they didn’t call us in till 12.30. The officer looked at our paperwork she took all out I-94’s and took the index finger print asked some simple questions and said my case has some discrepancy so she need time to review the case and she is going to mail the decision.

After 20days of wait today we got our approval.

Thanks to all

Again my best wishes to each and everyone in this forum.

Freedomtome,

Thanks..

The approval letter that I got it says I should receive the card with in 3 week's. One of my coworker also received his with in 5 week’s. So lets see.

Need good lawyer for houston interview

Hi every one

My case has been transfered on 9/27/2004 from CSC to Houston office along with my wifes case for interview . I am looking for a good lawyer who has experience respresenting at houston office for employment based green cards.

1. I took my medical two years ago are they asking for fresh medicals ??

2. I have not changed my employer what questions and documents are they asking from non AC21 cases?

Thank you every body for this wonderful thread and the forum it is a great relief to read the experiences.

Congrats Dghandari for your green card and to every body out there who got approvals. Best of luck for those of you who are waiting for it.

Regards

Mahesh

dgandhari said:
Dome9th,

You redo your medical, go to the same doctor and explain they will redo your TB test and physical and they don’t do vaccination again because you already did them before, and they will give you a sealed cover which have I-693 form in it. At the Houston local office they are asking for it.

If your case is straightforward they are approving the case. My case is complicated so they said they are going to mail the decision. It’s been 2 weeks and I am still waiting.

Good luck..

Thank you for your information, I've talked to my lawyer about I-693 he told me I can use the old one. He said he will be with me at interview so, don't worry. I hope i don't have to run and do I-693 later.

good luck everyone

soyiyte said:
Dome9th,

Congratulations! and Good luck for your interview. Please share your experience after it.

My case is almost the same as yours, on everything. I even did the 2nd FP the same day as you. I hope I will receive the notice soon too.

Did you get an interview appointment yet?

congratulations

Congratulations to you all.
unlucky me is being tortured by the name check process and I see no light at the other end of the channel.
My ND is Nov. 01 and my name check request was made Oct of 03.

Have fun and enjoy the freedom. I hope I can join you someday.

FFIDX

Need good lawyer in Houston

My case has been transfered on 9/27/2004 from CSC to Houston office. I got
letter today that my interview will be on 12/17/2004.

1. Can any body suggest a good lawyer who has experience representing in houston ??

2. Any body has experience with officer 2 ??

Regards

Mahesh

Does anyone know if the district office updates the online status once they approve the case after an interview? This is in cases where they do not approve the case during the interview itself.

WaitinginQ said:
Does anyone know if the district office updates the online status once they approve the case after an interview? This is in cases where they do not approve the case during the interview itself.

I'm not sure whether they will update case status online. my online status remained the same info since my case was transfered to Houston district.
until now I have done my 2nd fingerprint, interview, and passport stamp, the online status never change.

good luck
Dome

Dome9th,

Glad to hear from you again. I thought you wouldn't come back here again. So, have your case been approved yet? How about your interview? Do you mind to share some of your interview experience? Thanks!

soyiyte said:
Dome9th,

Glad to hear from you again. I thought you wouldn't come back here again. So, have your case been approved yet? How about your interview? Do you mind to share some of your interview experience? Thanks!

Hi Soyiyte,

Yes, My case got approved on the 4th of Nov, one more day after interview date. I went there with my lawyer on Nov 3rd, my appointment was 2:30pm
I got there around 2:00pm there were just 4-5 groups of people. I dropped off my appointment letter and the small window and waited. The officer who was taking care of my case is a new guy there (my lawyer told me later), he called me in about 3:15, at that time almosts no one left at the waiting areas. He asked me several questions and ended up with asking me to come back another day to get my passport stamped if everything is ok! because he wanted to check with the school about my transcript. after I walked out I found that many officers left for the day and I guessed that he might want to go home because he ran late than the others. anyway, he approved my case in the next day ( i called school and ask them if anyone call to ask about my status or transcript - admin. at school said no) so - i went back there on Nov 12, about 10:30. it was a full room, very very busy about 60 people in there.
I waited about 35-40 min. and they called my name and gave me back my stampped-passport. finally

thank you and good luck to you and everyone
Dome

Dome9th,

Thanks a lot for sharring the experience. I wish you having a wonderful life after this. Enjoy the freedom!!!