I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

InfoPass

Dear friends,

InfoPass is now working. I made appointment already. hurry up friends

good luck

Dome9th,

You can see that our cases are very similar, but I have not received the FP notice yet. Why do you need the infopass? Can I use the Infopass to ask for the 2nd FP? Thanks a lot!

ND: 02/07/02
FP:04/03
TD:04/04

2nd fingerprint

soyiyte,

If I were you and the fingerprints are already expired, I would go to infopass and make appointment to see them, then tell them that you need to check out about your case. I believe when they pull up your file and they see that you need a second fingerprint, they will set up the appointment for you to get your fingerprints taken. At least you try to have them touch your file (better than having the file left at the bottom of the pile). Don't you agree?

Good luck!
-Dome :)

Dome9th,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I think you are absolutely right. I simply hope they do have my file there after alomost four months.

freedomtome, What about NEC04?

freedomtome,

Do you still remember NEC04? He should have finished his interview by now. He promised to post his interview experience here, but he never did and just disppear. Do you know anything about his interview?

soyiyte,

Nope. He was gone with the wind and I don't know the result of his interview.

soyiyte said:
freedomtome,

Do you still remember NEC04? He should have finished his interview by now. He promised to post his interview experience here, but he never did and just disppear. Do you know anything about his interview?

Interview Notice

me and my family received the Interview Notice yesterday from Houston local office. The Interveiw would be on Sep 30th.

RD: 05/16/2002
ND: 05/18/2002
FP1: 06/25/2002
FP2:12/23/2003
REF: 06/14/2004
TD: 06/23/2004.
Inteview: 09/30/2004.

dgandhari,

I wish you have successful interview at the end of this month.
Please inform us more interview details such as required documents etc.
Does Houston district ask you to bring health report?

dgandhari said:
me and my family received the Interview Notice yesterday from Houston local office. The Interveiw would be on Sep 30th.

RD: 05/16/2002
ND: 05/18/2002
FP1: 06/25/2002
FP2:12/23/2003
REF: 06/14/2004
TD: 06/23/2004.
Inteview: 09/30/2004.

Freedomtome,

It looks like they have a standard form with six listed items with check boxes and for employment based GC they are checked the first four (I will List them exactly how they are on the interview letter tomorrow I don’t have papers with me now). Documents they asked are.

1) Passports, I 94’s, all H1B’s
2) Employment Letter
3) W-2’s
4) Marriage certificates (proof of marriage)
5) Medicals
6) Photos.

dgandhari,

Thanks yours. Please update tomorrow.

dgandhari said:
Freedomtome,

It looks like they have a standard form with six listed items with check boxes and for employment based GC they are checked the first four (I will List them exactly how they are on the interview letter tomorrow I don’t have papers with me now). Documents they asked are.

1) Passports, I 94’s, all H1B’s
2) Employment Letter
3) W-2’s
4) Marriage certificates (proof of marriage)
5) Medicals
6) Photos.

Sorry, I couldn’t update as I promised, I was little busy with my paper work.

Here is the information.

1) THIS LETTER, ALL PASSPORTS, 1-94(ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE CARD) ALL IMIGRATION ISSUED DOCUMENTS.
2) YOUR PETITIONER/SPOUSE WITH PHOTO I.D.
3) A CURRENT LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FOR YOURSELF/SPOUSE and 2 PAY STUBS (See “ATTACHMENT”).
4) MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS FORM 1-693 APPER EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED.
5) See “ATTACHMENT”
6) LIFE LEGALIZATION: YOU WILL BE TESTED ON GOVERNMENT – HISTORY – READING WRITING AND SPEAKING ENGLISH.
7) THIS IS YOUR FINAL INTERVIEW NOTICE. FAILURE TO APPEAR IS AN AUTOMATIC DENIAL.

They checked first five for my family and me. Attachment had the same info but more specific like how many years of w-2’s….

dgandhari,

Thanks your updated information. Regarding item 3) what is the attachment for pay stubs? Please let me know about "pay stubs" if you know.

dgandhari said:
Sorry, I couldn’t update as I promised, I was little busy with my paper work.

Here is the information.

1) THIS LETTER, ALL PASSPORTS, 1-94(ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE CARD) ALL IMIGRATION ISSUED DOCUMENTS.
2) YOUR PETITIONER/SPOUSE WITH PHOTO I.D.
3) A CURRENT LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FOR YOURSELF/SPOUSE and 2 PAY STUBS (See “ATTACHMENT”).
4) MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS FORM 1-693 APPER EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED.
5) See “ATTACHMENT”
6) LIFE LEGALIZATION: YOU WILL BE TESTED ON GOVERNMENT – HISTORY – READING WRITING AND SPEAKING ENGLISH.
7) THIS IS YOUR FINAL INTERVIEW NOTICE. FAILURE TO APPEAR IS AN AUTOMATIC DENIAL.

They checked first five for my family and me. Attachment had the same info but more specific like how many years of w-2’s….

Freedomtome,

Every month you get paycheck Wright; with your paycheck there will be an attached slip (statement of earnings and deductions.) saying about your year to date earnings, taxable earnings, FED tax, State Tax, Social Security, Medicare, Insurance. This slip is called pay stubs, every company have there own way of calling it and showing it.

dgandhari,

Thanks your information.

dgandhari said:
Freedomtome,

Every month you get paycheck Wright; with your paycheck there will be an attached slip (statement of earnings and deductions.) saying about your year to date earnings, taxable earnings, FED tax, State Tax, Social Security, Medicare, Insurance. This slip is called pay stubs, every company have there own way of calling it and showing it.

interview notice

Me and my wife received the Interview Notice yesterday from Houston local office. The Interveiw would be on Oct 22nd.

RD: 06/22/2002
ND: 06/25/2002
FP1: 07/10/2002
FP2:12/20/2003
RFE: 04/23/2004
TD: 07/23/2004
Inteview: 10/22/2004

Same document list as dgandhari. Does enyone know what item 4 (MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS FORM I-693 APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED.) is about. We had submitted the sealed medical reports when we filed for I-485. Any info. appreciated.
__
imm2000

finally - it's my turn

Hi all,
after got fingerprints done. Last Friday I got interview notice to show up at Central Green BLVD. on NOV5. Officer 6.

Please advise for anything that I need to know.

EB3
RD 02/02
ND 02/02
FP 05/03
FP2 09/04
TD 04/04
2rd EAD expired on 04/04
I didn't do the 3rd EAD
interview 11/05/04

same document - same question as imm2000
"...Same document list as dgandhari. Does enyone know what item 4 (MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS FORM I-693 APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED.) is about. We had submitted the sealed medical reports when we filed for I-485. Any info. appreciated....."

Dome9th,

Congratulations! and Good luck for your interview. Please share your experience after it.

My case is almost the same as yours, on everything. I even did the 2nd FP the same day as you. I hope I will receive the notice soon too.

Dome9th,

You redo your medical, go to the same doctor and explain they will redo your TB test and physical and they don’t do vaccination again because you already did them before, and they will give you a sealed cover which have I-693 form in it. At the Houston local office they are asking for it.

If your case is straightforward they are approving the case. My case is complicated so they said they are going to mail the decision. It’s been 2 weeks and I am still waiting.

Good luck..

Interview Experience at Houston District

Finally, my whole family (4 cases) got passport stamp today after interview. Immigration officer was nice but he did his work very carefully. He estimated 30 min each but we spent 2.5 hrs in his office. He said other case that he asked several questions for 3 hours if he need and my case was short because of streight case. My lawyer's office well done paper work and he liked very much.

My long journey for green card was end and I wish all of you have same soonest possible.

Thanks all of you and appreciate this ImmigrationPortal as it was very helpful to pass the long tunnel.