i-485 Part 2 question..want to confirm...thanks!!!

jas28

Registered Users (C)
Hi I'm married to a US citizen last Aug and am filing for my GC through marriage.

I currently live in Cleveland and am on my H1B visa.

In I-485 Part 2 Application type.
I am applying fo an adjustment to pemanent resident status because:
a...am immigrant petition giving me an immediately availabe immigrant visa number has been appoved.

Shall I check this box (a)?

I am filing I-485 and I-130 concurrently...how shall I understand "...the visa number has been approved"?

If not (a), which box shall I check? My husband say it should be (H)...other basis of eligibility...it just doesn't sound right to me.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

Jas

jas28 said:
Hi I'm married to a US citizen last Aug and am filing for my GC through marriage.

a...am immigrant petition giving me an immediately availabe immigrant visa number has been appoved.

I am filing I-485 and I-130 concurrently...how shall I understand "...the visa number has been approved"?

If not (a), which box shall I check? My husband say it should be (H)...other basis of eligibility...it just doesn't sound right to me.

Jas

Choice A is interpreted as...

An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.).

Since you are eligible to file I-130 and I-485 concurrently, you dont need a separate copy of the petition to go with your I-485

jas28 said:

Jas

Option (a) states:
an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you animmediately available visa number, if approved.)

You are filing an I-130 petition which, if approved, gives you an immediately available visa number. You choose (a). You just have to focus a little, it's not rocket science.

ari4u said:
Choice A is interpreted as...

An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.).

Since you are eligible to file I-130 and I-485 concurrently, you dont need a separate copy of the petition to go with your I-485

No way man! The same minute and the same technique????