I-485 interview????

cindyz76

Registered Users (C)
Can someon give us as much information on I-485 interview for asylee?
1. What document did the interview officer ask for?
2. what questions did they ask?
3. Attorny or No attorny???

Questions regarding your application and any absence from US if any, as well as your visit to COP if any!
Lawyer, Im talking to lawyers sometimes, but at my asylum interview I was kind of worry about I took lawyer with me. I mean she was trying to pushing me. She gave me advices. thanks God I didn't use one. To make you case stronger she said I have to tell this and that. I mean she was trying to put accent in my case on different way. I was claimed asylum based my personal experience with my country government, and she told me that I have to tell them that persecution in COP based at my race religion and stuff like that. I was born in Muslim Asian country, and I am Christian by religion and I am kind of European. I told her yes sometimes I feel that problem since i am not Muslim and Asian either, but it's not a big problem to leaving the country. Most of people in my COP are tolerant. Racists are everywhere, even here in US. My lawyer she just gave me a hard time that day. I told her that day I can trashed government of my COP, but I will never trashed the people I grew up with. Since then I don't trust lawyers. They make your case stronger, yes it is! But what's next, when they found that you're not told them the truth? Going back to COP? Starting over? Its Better my case will not be so strong, but it will be the truth I can always proof.

So lawyers are not for me!
It's up to you!

Bring them your tax papers if any, criminal records if they asked you.
Bring them your national passport, even if it's expired, if you have used it after you get your asylum status, and there is new stamps you must explain them and who stamped your passport. Bring them every RTDs you ever had! Couple electric gas bills to proof your residence
Bring them Letter from Employer as a proof of income!
Or if ASAP your paystubs is OK
And don't worry you'll be fine!

Can someon give us as much information on I-485 interview for asylee?
1. What document did the interview officer ask for?
2. what questions did they ask?
3. Attorny or No attorny???

My case transferred to local office too!!!

I went to COP last year ( I had to go) but did not go there directly. First I went to third country and then went to my COP and same way in return.

Now, I am so scared about my interview. Should I tell them that I went to COP if they ask?:( :(

Questions regarding your application and any absence from US if any, as well as your visit to COP if any!
Lawyer, Im talking to lawyers sometimes, but at my asylum interview I was kind of worry about I took lawyer with me. I mean she was trying to pushing me. She gave me advices. thanks God I didn't use one. To make you case stronger she said I have to tell this and that. I mean she was trying to put accent in my case on different way. I was claimed asylum based my personal experience with my country government, and she told me that I have to tell them that persecution in COP based at my race religion and stuff like that. I was born in Muslim Asian country, and I am Christian by religion and I am kind of European. I told her yes sometimes I feel that problem since i am not Muslim and Asian either, but it's not a big problem to leaving the country. Most of people in my COP are tolerant. Racists are everywhere, even here in US. My lawyer she just gave me a hard time that day. I told her that day I can trashed government of my COP, but I will never trashed the people I grew up with. Since then I don't trust lawyers. They make your case stronger, yes it is! But what's next, when they found that you're not told them the truth? Going back to COP? Starting over? Its Better my case will not be so strong, but it will be the truth I can always proof.

So lawyers are not for me!
It's up to you!

Bring them your tax papers if any, criminal records if they asked you.
Bring them your national passport, even if it's expired, if you have used it after you get your asylum status, and there is new stamps you must explain them and who stamped your passport. Bring them every RTDs you ever had! Couple electric gas bills to proof your residence
Bring them Letter from Employer as a proof of income!
Or if ASAP your paystubs is OK
And don't worry you'll be fine!

Hi Shadow :) How did you determine your eligability for citizenship as 2008?

Hi Shadow :) How did you determine your eligability for citizenship as 2008?

I was trying to join the Army since last year, you know to get some money for college and stuff. Today I had meeting with my recruiter to tell him that I am eligible now because they regestred my status as a Permanent Resident and I good to go. We're talking like 20 minutes and he explained me benefits of Army and things I have to do before enlistment, then we start talking about speciality in Army and he told me that some restrictions apply for Army job because I am not US citizen, I said like it's OK, I am going to apply after 4 years, and he was kinda surprise me about new Law that if I want to apply for citizenship I can do it after one year of serving in Army, and by the way I don't have to pay any fee for processing my case. I came home and check Naturalization Requirements and it's true! 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!! So I took enlistment package from him, now I am working on it. When I'll get my Green Card I have to stop by and give him a copy of GC and my Enlistment Application, take tests medical and other requirements, after that I can start counting 365 days! And If so-called-3-months-rule applies for this Law I m gonna filed N-400 in this December!

I went to COP last year ( I had to go) but did not go there directly. First I went to third country and then went to my COP and same way in return.

Now, I am so scared about my interview. Should I tell them that I went to COP if they ask?:( :(

You should tell them the truth, If they asked you!
It's not gonna hurt you, but be honest, because if they found that you lying them, you'll go back to your COP(((((:)(

I was trying to join the Army since last year, you know to get some money for college and stuff. Today I had meeting with my recruiter to tell him that I am eligible now because they regestred my status as a Permanent Resident and I good to go. We're talking like 20 minutes and he explained me benefits of Army and things I have to do before enlistment, then we start talking about speciality in Army and he told me that some restrictions apply for Army job because I am not US citizen, I said like it's OK, I am going to apply after 4 years, and he was kinda surprise me about new Law that if I want to apply for citizenship I can do it after one year of serving in Army, and by the way I don't have to pay any fee for processing my case. I came home and check Naturalization Requirements and it's true! 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!! So I took enlistment package from him, now I am working on it. When I'll get my Green Card I have to stop by and give him a copy of GC and my Enlistment Application, take tests medical and other requirements, after that I can start counting 365 days! And If so-called-3-months-rule applies for this Law I m gonna filed N-400 in this December!

Oh, that explains it. Just keep in mind that u'll have to sign a contract for at least 4 years. Also if you go to Army there is a chance that u'll end up serving in Iraq ( the decision to remove American forces from there hasn't been passed yet). I think it's much safer to serve in the NAVY because u r pretty much garenteered that u won't be sent to a war.

Oh, that explains it. Just keep in mind that u'll have to sign a contract for at least 4 years. Also if you go to Army there is a chance that u'll end up serving in Iraq ( the decision to remove American forces from there hasn't been passed yet). I think it's much safer to serve in the NAVY because u r pretty much garenteered that u won't be sent to a war.

The Navy is involved in military conflicts!!!! Read: patrolling the Persian Gulf and/or the Korean coastline. Also thwarting a Chinese attack on Taiwan.

But being on a warship is relatively safe unless we get into a shooting war with Russia. :D

Do not tell a lie.

How about this

Sec. 328. [8 U.S.C. 1439]

(a) A person who has served honorably at any time in the Armed Forces of the United States for a period or periods aggregating 1/ one year, and who, if separated from such service, was never separated except under honorable conditions, may be naturalized without having resided, continuously immediately preceding the date of filing such person's application, in the United States for at least five years, and in the State or district of the Service in the United States in which the application for naturalization is filed for at least three months, and without having been physically present in the United States for any specified period, if such application is filed while the applicant is still in the service or within six months after the termination of such service.

I'm trying to join Reserve and I know about chance to call on Active Duty and to be deployed overseas including Iraq. :) I mean I am kind of ready. :rolleyes:
About chance to die there, yes it's possible! But everybody gonna die some day.
I think it's better to die in close combat or to be separated on little parts by gorilla's bomb than die not too far from grocery store just for five bucks.

:D

I'm trying to join Reserve and I know about chance to call on Active Duty and to be deployed overseas including Iraq. :) I mean I am kind of ready. :rolleyes:
About chance to die there, yes it's possible! But everybody gonna die some day.
I think it's better to die in close combat or to be separated on little parts by gorilla's bomb than die not too far from grocery store just for five bucks.

:D

You are kind of pessimistic ;) But I think u can make a good career in the military service especially if you are single and not tied up to any particular place. However I believe that reservists don't have the benefit of getting neturalized right away.