I 485 Finally Approved

ismea

I have being an observer on this useful site over two years, Every day I check this site for update information. At one point I almost give up on my application because I was in the process of loosing hope. Today I check the Online Case status..I got a message saying that this case has being approved, the approval notice was sent out on 07/24/2003. Now I'm waiting for the letter. It was a relief for me. All of you brave asylees are a great asset to this site especially Gilbert, Alanpero & Lazerheart. I never really make myself known to the site. I was saying to my mind, there was no way; I'm going to keep this miracle to myself. THe information that you guys posted on this site motivated me not to give up.

Here was the process of my application:

Asylum Approve on 01/98
Apply for I 485 on 01/99
FingerPrint 09/11/2002
Per Online Case Status: Approved on 07/24/2003

certainly it is a great news!!
thx for your information

ps: i just wonder if anyone who submit their 1-485 in 2000 got fingerprint yet...?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ismea
I have being an observer on this useful site over two years, Every day I check this site for update information. At one point I almost give up on my application because I was in the process of loosing hope. Today I check the Online Case status..I got a message saying that this case has being approved, the approval notice was sent out on 07/24/2003. Now I'm waiting for the letter. It was a relief for me. All of you brave asylees are a great asset to this site especially Gilbert, Alanpero & Lazerheart. I never really make myself known to the site. I was saying to my mind, there was no way; I'm going to keep this miracle to myself. THe information that you guys posted on this site motivated me not to give up.

Asylum Approve on 01/98
Apply for I 485 on 01/99
FingerPrint 09/11/2002

Congratulations on this great news. Did you get a letter asking for a new medical or any other so-called "further evidence"?

No, I didn't get that evidence letter; I wonder if they are asking that evidence letter to those people that travelled outside of the country while their application is pending. I never travelled outside of the U.S. during the time my application was pending.

Asylum Approve on 01/98
Apply for I 485 on 01/99
FingerPrint 09/11/2002

Congratulations Ismea, and I agree with you. From what it has been posted in this forum the request for further evidence seems to be directed to people who traveled abroad or that didnt show to have a status before the I-485 application.
Best wishes

No, I didn't get that evidence letter; I wonder if they are asking that evidence letter to those people that travelled outside of the country while their application is pending. I never travelled outside of the U.S. during the time my application was pending.
I travelled 4 times while my application was pending but I never received request for further evidence. I think it is a matter of luck.

Re: Re: I 485 Finally Approved

Originally posted by alanpero2
Congratulations Ismea, and I agree with you. From what it has been posted in this forum the request for further evidence seems to be directed to people who traveled abroad or that didnt show to have a status before the I-485 application.
Best wishes

Alanpero,

What do you mean by "didnt show to have a status before the I-485 application"? Thanks.

When you go to the local BCIS office for approval stamping be sure to ask the IIO to "scan the I-89 when they order your physical GC" so that your case status is updated when they order your card. Good luck with the approval stamping process and be sure to go to the office VERY early in the morning because if you arrive later than 8am they will tell you they have ran out of numbers for the day.

Re: Re: Re: I 485 Finally Approved

Originally posted by Gilbert
Alanpero,

What do you mean by "didnt show to have a status before the I-485 application"? Thanks.

I actually meant before the asylum application. Somebody in this forum posted his experience about not having a way to proof he was legally admitted into the US.