I-485 Employment Letter

maria_tom

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Employment Letter & Affidavit of Support

1) One of the docs required for filing I-485 is Employment Letter :

"If your adjustment of status application is related to an employment based visa petition Form -I140), you must submit a letter on the letterhead of the petitioning employer which confirms that the job on which the visa petition is based is still available to you. The letter must also state the salary that will be paid."

What's the format of this letter ?. Is it the same as an offer letter?. Should the job description and salary be exactly the same as those in the labor approval notice ?.

2) It is also mentioned that : "Affidavit of support: Submit an affidavit of support (Form -8864) of your adjustment of status application is based on your entry as fiancé(e), relative visa petition (Form I-130) filed by your relative, or an employment based visa petition (FForm -1140) related to a business that is five percent or more owned by your family."

Now, this applies only if one owns 5% or more of the company, right ?.

Thanx

-Maria

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the sample letter they send to uscis

United States Department of Justice
Immigration and Naturalization Service

Re: Mrs. x y z

Dear Sir/Madam:

The purpose of the letter is to confirm that Mrs. XXXXXXX will be employed by XXXX in the capacity of xxxxxxx upon approval of his permanent residence application.

Her salary will be $xx.xx per hour, the position is full time.

Please contact me should additional information be required.

Sincerely,

XXXXX-XXXXXX
President

Wow techbuyer77 ... that was super-fast response. Really appreciate it. I was modifying my post to include the part about "Affidavit of support" when your reply came. :)

Thanx

-Maria

The affidavit you file for spouse as your dependent is form i-134 I believe. Dont worry about the other one, it does not apply to you
Good Luck!!! Best wishes to you, this board has teach me a lot. And I just like to pay forward to anyone with questions, but when in doubt ask the lawyer

Employment Letter Format.

Hi,

I got an employment letter that says.. TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN, etc, it has my current salary and position, however it does not have the format stating the intent, will that work, or do I need to get an employment letter in the format requested.

Thanks..

Wow techbuyer77 ... that was super-fast response. Really appreciate it. I was modifying my post to include the part about "Affidavit of support" when your reply came. :)

Thanx

-Maria