I-485 changed from Card/ Document Production to Decision

keplenk

Hi all,

My wife and I were petitioned through employment (I am the primary). Last Tuesday, we received a letter like this:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On December 7, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

I was happy and I'm assuming that our GC has been approved (we both received the email).

However, in less than 24 hours, we received another email and I was surprised that it rolled back to Decision.

The letter goes something like this (not complete):

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On December 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Now, we're confused. Do you think we are approved?

SOME INFO:

I'm in EB2 Row (Philippines) and it is current. Our I-140, I-765, I-131 were already approved and we received the EAD card and some other letters from snail mail. We have submitted our medical maybe 5 months ago. We have already done our Fingerprint and Photo last Sept 13 (Biometrics).

Thank you!

It looks like the adjudication officer approved the case and ordered the card. Then the follow-up would be that the card was produced and mailed. You'll probably get a welcome letter and then the cards. It's possible that all come at once or one or two days apart.

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess we are officially Greened. :)

After getting these documents from the mail. Do we still have to do something else?

Thanks again.