I-485 case transfered to asylum office

shahmatist

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks.

I have received the following notice. Please advise me what does that mean, and what is going to follow that. If anybody had a similar experience or have hearn any such experience please share. I would appreciate you opinion. I am confused. Does it mean they are going to reconsider my asylum claim?
Thank you.
when they take action on your case. You should receive a notice informing
you that your case has been transferred.

shahmatist said:
Hi folks.

I have received the following notice. Please advise me what does that mean, and what is going to follow that. If anybody had a similar experience or have hearn any such experience please share. I would appreciate you opinion. I am confused. Does it mean they are going to reconsider my asylum claim?
Thank you.

I don't thing this is something to be scared about. I talked to IO once over the phone and she said that a tiny percent gets transferred to local offices and usually it means that an applicant will have to show up for an interview. She said that she can't tell me the reason for those transfers, but most interviews go pretty smoothly and people get approval pretty fast. One question - you didn't have any LUD changes after you had your BIO done, did you?

Thank you for you answer. I had LUD change after BIO, but not sure whether it was the same day or next.

I have seen some people in this forum were transfered to a local office. But in my case, they trasfered to Asylum Office, where I had interview three years ago. And I am in totrally in different state right now. I am was granted in Florida, but now I am in Nevada. So it is strange for me that they sent it all the way back to miami.

Were you the principal asylum applicant?

Do not get alarmed too luch--but this is very unusual.

shahmatist said:
Hi folks.

Thank you.

Mr. Shahmatist: I must agree with you that this transfer is of great concern. In most cases, if your application is transferred to local USCIS for an interview, that is not that bad. It happens all the time. However, if your case is transferred to asylum office there are different reasons for this. For example, if you were underage at the time of grant of asylum and you turned 21 while your application was pending, this case is normal (even though there are other applicable laws). If you got your asylum through your espouse and you divorced, this is also another cause for transfer and interview. In both of these cases you don’t have to worry.

If you got your asylum on your own meaning you were the principal, and they decided to interview you, then this is abnormal and you need to take it seriously. They are considering whether you can retain your original grant of asylum. Remember, asylum offices do not have the authority to adjudicate greencards. They adjudicate asylum cases.
Why are they re-interviewing you? There could be many reasons.

My advice: I have never advised someone to hire an experienced lawyer before, but I think you need one in your case. Also, there are other experienced colleagues to whom I always respect their word; we will see what they have to say…

I should like to say that you need to review your asylum application in detail. Your asylum claim, the story you wrote.

Did you travel out of the country after getting the asylum?

Where did you go?

Were you arrested?

Have you engaged in illegal activities?

And like others have inquired of you

Were you the principle applicant?

If you travelled outside the US anything that could have brought attention to your asylum case?

It could be a myriad of reasons.. please let us know and all the best and lets hope that this is nothing or an error on their part.

Thank you Everybody for your responds.

I am a principal applicant. And, yes I did travel outside the US, but not to COP.

shahmatist said:
Thank you Everybody for your responds.

I am a principal applicant. And, yes I did travel outside the US, but not to COP.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck.

case transfered to local office

hi guys
my wife recieved the same message that her case has been transfered to asylum office in sanfrancisco for further processing please update me for this case ,i think this is a sign of reinterview .please keep in touch so that we can have an idea what's happening. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad
now we live in newyork that could be another problem:

sukhipatiala said:
hi guys
my wife recieved the same message that her case has been transfered to asylum office in sanfrancisco for further processing please update me for this case ,i think this is a sign of reinterview .please keep in touch so that we can have an idea what's happening. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad
now we live in newyork that could be another problem:

What was your wife's ND?