I-485 Approved - Help needed - Newark, NJ experience requested

rg67

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I-485 Approved on 11/10/2004 and waiting for approval notice.
I got info pass appointment for passport stamping on 26th Nov 04 which falls on friday. People are saying i should go only on wednesdays for stamping in Newark,NJ local office. Is it right or wrong?

Can some body help me, Newark office allows walkins or not?
Can any body share experience in Newark,Nj office?

VSC (ND 07/16/03)

regards
RG

I guess, they allow walkins only on wednesdays. But, there was a rumor that they have stopped walkins on wednesdays. Info-pass is always better.

I had taken info-pass appointment and there was no problem in stamping (Officer collected Info-pass Notice, 797 Notice, EADs, APs, 2 Photos and stamped on my passport). It took nearly 1 1/2 hrs.

When I went (Nov. 4th), Security people were allowing people without Info-pass appointments but in the 3rd Floor (where the stamping will be done), I could hear some arguements for not bringing info-pass appointments at the counters.

If you need to get the Passport Stamping urgently (travel purpose or so), then take a chance on wednesdays or wait for your appointment day (info-pass).

Good Luck,

Jay

Newark does not allow walk-ins on wednesday anymore.
They have stopped it, since the people using infopass has increased.

There is also a notice on th 3rd floor that says walk-ons not allowed on Wednesday. I went there on Tue(11/09/04) with infopass for stamping.

Sukal

Thanks you very much for the help.
So you mean they allow infopass on other than wednesdays also.
Are any chances to allow walk-ins on other than wednesdays?
what is the day mentioned in your approval notice.
I am planning to go India in 3rd week of Dec 04. So i need to make stamping as early possible to confirm the tickets.
My son is five years old, VSC ordered PC without any approval notice, I don't know whether my son can travel on AP. Is any possibility of stamping based on copy of approved e-mail message.

any suggestions grately appreciated.

regards
RG

Hi Rg67,

COngratulations! May i ask you did you had your 2nd FP? If so, when did you have one? My RD Jan 2002 1st FP May 2002, 2nd FP Sept 2004....still waiting for the approval. Thanks!

LUD 10/06/04 and 10/07/04. Approved on 11/10/04.
I did not see LUD before october.