I-485 Approved and starting company (LLC or Sole Proprietorship)

space4u2go

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Approved, want to marry gf in INDIA, can starting company an option?

Recently, I received my I-485 approval notice. I am still single and had marriage plans in coming months. Certainly, I do not want to get married outside USA and then wait for 4-6 yrs for my spouse to get GC. Getting F1 after marriage is probably not viable option as most likely it will be denied. Getting H1 can be an issue if the bodyshopper is not reliable. getting canadian immigration does not help as my future spouse will still need a visa to enter USA.

I know that I can start my own consulting firm either "general" or "staffing" (LLC or Sole Proprietorship) firm.
Few questions:
1. Can I hire foreign employees and ofcourse process their H1 visa?
2. I believe that I can have an accountant/CPA provide payroll service!
3. Once the foreign worker is here on H1 they can try and get into contract position!

Can this be a viable option!!!

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards
S

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello There
I researched a lil bit about starting a firm. One problem for
a startup to get H1B is that the firm should show enough capital or
client contracts to prove your ability to pay. I even talked to an
atty about this. Atty told me that if you are hiring a H1B worker
for 40K, you should be able to show at least 40K in the company
account.( Or a client company contract)
Also another problem is to get VISA stamp from DOS. Sometimes
the DOS may ask to get extra evidences such as company building photos
or building lease or stuff like that. ( Not always. But it happens.)

I would definitely consider above matters.
hope this helps.
thx
babu.

even on H1

Even On H1 You Can Start Your Own Company
There Is No Such Law That Says You Cannot Start Your Own Company

Plz respond to the point...

srinireddydgl : Plz read my post properly. I know anyone can start company but the purpose I want to start my company is different. I will appreciate if the response is to the point rather than tangents. Thx for your time.

space4u2go said:
srinireddydgl : Plz read my post properly. I know anyone can start company but the purpose I want to start my company is different. I will appreciate if the response is to the point rather than tangents. Thx for your time.

hey it is a forum - digression is the theme in forums. you will get information and you need to glean what is useful.

if you have ability to pay and a contract do it legally as others suggested else well ur wife will get a gc when she gets it...it is better than getting deported or visa denied...

space4u2go said:
Recently, I received my I-485 approval notice. I am still single and had marriage plans in coming months. Certainly, I do not want to get married outside USA and then wait for 4-6 yrs for my spouse to get GC. Getting F1 after marriage is probably not viable option as most likely it will be denied. Getting H1 can be an issue if the bodyshopper is not reliable. getting canadian immigration does not help as my future spouse will still need a visa to enter USA.

Starting a company for the purpose of bringing wife in USA! Interesting! People are creative, no doubt about it.

Calif: I just intended to keep the discussion on track, thx for your comments.

Pralay: Not sure if you meant it in complementary manner or sarcastic manner! but thx anyways.

space4u2go said:
1. Can I hire foreign employees and ofcourse process their H1 visa?

----> You can start your firm. 2 issues u will face are (a) Will need to show cash (b) Will need to pay your wife even while she is not employed, which means $$$ in wasted taxes. This is assuming that your future wife has a 4 yr degree and you are willing to take the risk of her visa getting rejected due to limited or no history of your firm.

2. I believe that I can have an accountant/CPA provide payroll service!

----> Yes.

3. Once the foreign worker is here on H1 they can try and get into contract position!

----> Yes.

Can this be a viable option!!!

----> It is a viable option, however I would think that a better option is to get her an H1 from some body shopper rather than going about this way. What risks to do you see with a body shopper that you think will be eliminated with your own firm?

You can do any thing like going for contract position or hiring H1 people from India.

But when it comes to your wife there is chance that USCIS may notice your relationship and raise red flag particularly at the time of stamping.

atlantabhopali: Thx for concise and to the point answers. Getting an H1 through body shopper is not a problem at all, but to find 'one' is a problem. Not many companies do an H1 nowadays. Even if I get someone to do an H1 not only I will have to pay for salary stuff but an extra amount as "premium" for holding the H1 which can be substantial, Isn't it?

tammy2: Thx for response and yes it is a valid concern but if marriage is not performed until the H1 is stamped in the passport then USCIS will not have any issue, am I rite?

ravioli_21_99: Thx for comments. Once the person gets H1 stamped in passport and then the marriage is performed then GC can be processed for spouse after the person is here working for some client or can transfer h1 to work for another employer. Not sure if this will work but just a thought.

Thanks for guiding me to appropriate forum.