I-485 Approved after stuck in NC for 20 months

niwsam

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

FYI, I got the magical emails today, for my whole family.

NIW
VSC
I-140 submitted 6/2004
I-485 submitted 8/2004
FP 3/31/2005
I-140 RFE 4/2005
RFE answered 5/2005
I-140 approved 6/2005
Got to know stuck in Name check 9/2005
Then Visa # retrogression
Called VSC in 2/2006 inquired NC status, answer was still not cleared
Inforpass 05/2006 regarding NC, answer still not cleared
Visa become current 06/2006, but did not hope for anything because of NC Pending
Today checked on-line status showed "Card ordered" for me and my wife, "approval notice sent" for my son.

I can't express how relieved I am, especially because I have changed job (under different service center), and my FP is just about to expire. Actually I changed my job last June, but my family stayed at the old address for a year. After I got to know my NC still pending in May we decided to give up the hope for near future approval and moved out our old home early this month. I feel that the information regarding NC are not accurate even when it is directly from the mouth of the CIS staff. I don't believe that my NC got cleared this very month after pending for almost 2 years. I guess the CIS staff probably didn't know if it was cleared but just gave an easy answer when I ask them.

I didn't do anything to expedite my NC other than two inquiries. So I believe no matther how slow it is the system is still working. Keep you hope guys. You'll get you turn sooner or later.

Now here is a question: I did notify the customer service center my address change in the end of May, but havn't got any confirmation letter. Now one month has passed, will they send the approvals to my old address or new address? if they sent them to my old address, it's very possible that it will bounce back to CIS since I have notified the Post Office my address change. In that case,will I be in trouble since they will find out my job change? Is there anything I can do to avoid this situation? Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and opinions.

Best luck to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator: