I-485 Approval notice

sbba

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Today I received I-485 approval notice,the following message on the approval notice.

‘The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprints/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing. You will receive another notice advising you of the date,time and location to appear.’

What could be the my next step?, Do I need to take any Info pass appointment for passport stamp? Or wait for biometrics?.When Can I expect the biometrics?,Is there anyone have any idea,Please let me know.

Thanks

Asylee's Permanent resident's date

I am an asylee since october 1998. In November 1999 I applied for green card. My I-485 was approved on Sept 13 2005. Right now I am waiting for the plastic green card. My question is what date will appear on the "Resident since:" field on my gren card. I was told that usually the date on the green card would be way way before the approval date. If this is the case, how does the USCIS assesses that date. I am new on this forum. Please reply. Thanks.

Resident since

MKUB, your GC should say Resident since 09/13/2004. If it is not backdated, you can file I-90 to get it fixed without paying any fee. You'll be eligible to apply for your citizenship on 06/13/2009. :p I was also asylee at one time. ;)

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates on the Green card

Thank you Punjab for the information.
One more question: How long (from the approval date) did it take for you to receive the plastic green card. I am just anxious. Especially when I think that I have to wait many more years to apply for Citizenship... Well, does anyone reading this and my previous posting, would mind to add more information on the "date since:" for asylees who become PR and the above question. Thank you.
mkub: Asylee since 1998. Got approved for GC on 09/13/2005. Still waiting for green card.

Mkub

MKUB, if you have done your Biometrics, then you should be getting your GC any day now.... All you have to do is keep your fingers corssed and maintain good relationship with your mail man/woman :) Oh did I mention, keep praying..... ;)

mkub said:
Thank you Punjab for the information.
One more question: How long (from the approval date) did it take for you to receive the plastic green card. I am just anxious. Especially when I think that I have to wait many more years to apply for Citizenship... Well, does anyone reading this and my previous posting, would mind to add more information on the "date since:" for asylees who become PR and the above question. Thank you.
mkub: Asylee since 1998. Got approved for GC on 09/13/2005. Still waiting for green card.

For citizenship purposes it does not matter how long it takes for them to mail the card to you. The approval note controls.

That said these days they are fast.

Good luck.

Last Update Date (LUD)

I want to thank you all for your contribution on this forum. Believe me, there are many people who would love to know that they can go to that forum and post their questions and get responses from such woderfull people that you are. I call this a real SOLIDARITY among the community of new immigrants and asylees/refugees that we are or have been in the past.
On more question: Would anyone mind to tell me how you get or check information related to LUD (Last Update Date) on an approved I-485 while I am still waiting for the plastic card. It has been more than 2 weeks since I was approved. Thank you.

mkub said:
I want to thank you all for your contribution on this forum. Believe me, there are many people who would love to know that they can go to that forum and post their questions and get responses from such woderfull people that you are. I call this a real SOLIDARITY among the community of new immigrants and asylees/refugees that we are or have been in the past.
On more question: Would anyone mind to tell me how you get or check information related to LUD (Last Update Date) on an approved I-485 while I am still waiting for the plastic card. It has been more than 2 weeks since I was approved. Thank you.

My suggestion is to relax and enjoy your life. Your case has already been approved and they WILL send you your plastic card. Do not worry. The process is already complete for you. Enjoy!!!!!

Still waiting for my plastic Green Card

Thank you all for your contribution to this forum. I know some of you told me that I shouldn't worry about when I would receive my plastic card. But Believe me, I do worry. Why? You never know with USCIS. Actually I had to wait six years to get my I-485 approved. Now it has been more than 30 days since I got approved. Recently I checked my case on line, it still showing the same message of approval, but the LUD is 10/07/05. By the way this LUD changed in three consecutive days. It was 10/05/05, then 10/06/05 and now it stays at 10/07/05. What does that means? People who have been approved 2 weeks after me from the same Nebraska Center, have already received their plastic green cards. What action should I take to avoid future bad surprises? Thank you for your advises.
RFI, RFE and BIO were all submitted way before I got approved.

Resident Since... Backdated for hwo many years??

Vitalsigns, thank you for your response and your advise. Was your case base on Asylum? If yes, how many years your "Resident since" date was backdated on your plastic green card? Anyone on this forum would share his/her experience with the "Resident Since" date backdating for people who got their grenn cards from asylum status - not refugees. Thank you.

Finally got my plastic green card

To all,
I want just to inform you that yesterday Nov. 12, 2005 I finally received my green card. Here are the dates:
- Asylum approved in Sept. 1998
- I-485 filed in October 1999
- I-485 approved in September 2005 (almost 6 years of waiting period!)
- Biometrics code 2 passed on November 3rd 2005
- Plastic card received on Nov. 12, 2005.
NB: On the card the date field of Resident since: 09/13/2004. This means that it has been backdated for 1 year.
Thank you all for your support on this forum. I do feel relaxed now. But still another step to go: Citizenship application. Is there any shortcut for asylees like me who have been waiting for so long to get approved for the GC? Who knows. This forum is really plenty of information and it doesn't hurt to try.

Anyway, I encourage those who are not yet approved or received their GC to keep their faith and we will pray for them. Great forum, great people. Thanks.